#17 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts
  • Location910

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

If the falcons want to keep mortgaging their future on one player let them. It takes a comlete 53 man roster to win a Lombardi. One De with a questionable work ethic wont change their fortunes, they still need help at every level on defense, and their offense line is awful. They better get use to being mired in mediocrity if they continue to build this way.

#18 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

Clowney is a future hall of famer! No one can blame him for the way he played in college. Half assing it to prevent being Lattimored! With coaching and maturity..... Beast mode

#19 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

Lol yeah what kinda mock is "legit"

well, lets just say it wasn't Walter football.  They were more of the CBS/Sports Illustrated type.

Regardless, do you not see this as a real possibility?

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,598 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

i hope they do.

#21 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,754 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

The gm will get fired next year if they move up for clowney. Unbelievably stupid if they do.

#22 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,296 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Lol.  Falcons fans would flip their poo if they traded up again, giving away picks.

#23 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,878 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Yeah I took as much joy in watching the Falcons suck last year as every other Panther fan, but let's not delude ourselves.  The Falcons aren't that far away from being a good team.  I really don't want my favorite college player going to a division rival cause then I'll have to hate Clowney too regardless if he was Gamecock.

I don't think it matters if they want to trade up.  Houston is going to take Clowney....their track records show it.  I wouldn't be surprised if they picked Clowney and then traded back up into the first to land Bortles.  Bortles reminds me of Tannehill and could still be available later in the first.  If he's not there they might go with Jimmy Garoppolo in the second.  Either way.....they would be the dumbest franchise ever if they went with Manziel first overall.

It's hard to believe that Houston is going to take Clowney. Bill O'Brien is a very no-nonsense type of guy, and I don't think that Clowney would fit in very well. Besides, if I were Houston, and I wanted someone to compliment JJ Watt, I'd get Mack. Mack is a true Clay Matthews-esque player who could come off the edge and do some serious damage, but also drop back into coverage and play great defense there.

#24 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,074 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

I'd Imagine they're more interested in Greg Robinson or Kahlil Mack than trading up.

A lot of talent in this draft. No reason to get rid of future picks when you can get a value pick at 6.

#25 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,359 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

It's hard to believe that Houston is going to take Clowney. Bill O'Brien is a very no-nonsense type of guy, and I don't think that Clowney would fit in very well. Besides, if I were Houston, and I wanted someone to compliment JJ Watt, I'd get Mack. Mack is a true Clay Matthews-esque player who could come off the edge and do some serious damage, but also drop back into coverage and play great defense there.

I agree that Mack is a good player, but there is NO ONE as physically talented as Clowney this year...and it's not close.  

#26 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,631 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

I agree that Mack is a good player, but there is NO ONE as physically talented as Clowney this year...and it's not close.

Physical talent doesn't equate success in the NFL. Vernon Gholston was a physical marvel with a more impressive college resume, didn't keep him from being a huge bust.

Jared Allen is proof you don't need all that athleticism, but heart and motor go a long way.

I'd much have the lesser athlete who wanted it than the physical freak that thinks he already has it.

#27 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

Clowney will be the biggest bust in recent history (sorry, cock fans)...

39875-Emma-Stone-no-no-no-no-no-gif-bGod

#28 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,359 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

Physical talent doesn't equate success in the NFL. Vernon Gholston was a physical marvel with a more impressive college resume, didn't keep him from being a huge bust.

Jared Allen is proof you don't need all that athleticism, but heart and motor go a long way.

I'd much have the lesser athlete who wanted it than the physical freak that thinks he already has it.

I agree.  I just expect to see a highly motivated Clowney when he enters the pros.  His sophomore year is more indicative of how he projects other then he's faster and stronger now.

I don't think the motivation issues are a realistic problem moving forward for him.

As a Gamecock fan and someone who has watched just about all their games the past 10 years it sucked that he protected himself last year.....but I understand.  With the new CBA it's absolutely imperative for a prospect to protect their number 1 status.  The difference between what a 1st round guy and a 4th round guy makes his staggering.    I don't think it was necessarily lack of motivation or motor.  I think it was business.

#29 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,878 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

Did I ever say there was another player as gifted? Nope. This has nothing to do with Clowney's ability, we all know he has it. It has everything to do with what is going through his head. Todd Marinovich also had some of the most amazing physical ability that the NFL had ever seen, he was bred and trained to be an NFL QB. How did that work out?

All of the red flags are there for Clowney. Which you probably won't agree to, since you've already since you're a fan of his. Either way, if I was Houston, I would get a QB. Hands down. The NFL is won by having a franchise QB, not a franchise DE.

#30 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,804 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

I would so love for this to happen.  I think Clowney has bust written all over him, but even if he turns out to be great, the cost of moving up is just too high to justify it unless you're doing it for a franchise QB.  The Falcons should've already learned this lesson with Julio Jones.  They moved up and got a great player out of the deal, but they can look around their roster and see all the holes and look back at that trade as a major contributing factor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com