Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why can't we ever have a happy medium when it comes to immigration?

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Since this whole debate is athinly veiled argument against Mexican immigration (not necessarily the OP, BUT THE DEBATE IN GENERAL) let me remind everyone that Native Americans have claim to to the land. Mexicans are native Americans that were INVADED by Spain instead of Britain. Close the order to Europeans, Canadians, etc... Before you do it to them. But interestingly enough, the only place people want to put up a fence is near Mexico.

Posted

First thing, the chip on your shoulder might or might not be warranted. Your mom is exactly the right kind of immigrant this country has always embraced. I don't think anyone as an issue with her. The whole conversation here was basically, how do we get folks like her in under the present system and not be able to get flooded with folks that did not come in the right way.

She did not come here illegally or primarily to break the law through and probably did not even have a criminal record. That is why we have two sides to the argument and why the OP is looking for a compromise. Your mom embodies the spirit the nation has had for 200 years on immigration. Nobody fears her.

Translation: She's not Hispanic or Muslim.
1 person likes this

Posted

Translation: She's not Hispanic or Muslim.

Asian girls rank very high on "What white people like" lists..just above New Balance tennis shoes I think.

1 person likes this

Posted

Asian girls rank very high on "What white people like" lists..just above New Balance tennis shoes I think.

I'm thinking of starting a photo blog called hipsterguyswithasiangirlfriends.tumblr.com

Very easy in Austin.

Posted

Open borders is what's caused a greater divide between rich/poor.

If we'd had controlled immigration, our "minimum wages" would've self-corrected due to the little supply/demand curve.  Need the chart again?

Posted

Nah, it's because right-wingers hate brown people.

Posted

Open borders is what's caused a greater divide between rich/poor.

If we'd had controlled immigration, our "minimum wages" would've self-corrected due to the little supply/demand curve.  Need the chart again?

It's not a question on if you were dropped on your head as a child, rather "How many times?"

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not a question on if you were dropped on your head as a child, rather "How many times?"

You disagree with supply demand chart with respect to influx of low wage earners and the price point being stagnant?

Posted

You disagree with supply demand chart with respect to influx of low wage earners and the price point being stagnant?

I'm putting $20 on 12-15

Posted

Wait... hipsters are conservative?