#16 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,433 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

Hardy and Gettleman have handicapped us from building a complete team. Gettleman is to DEs as Hurney is to RBs. Hopefully Gettleman can get it done before the season begins, but at the moment I'm cautious of him. I've seen this story play out before not in the team's favor overall many many times in the past.

Do you not understand the value of two stud DEs compared to running backs? Common man its not even in the same ballpark. DEs are worth the money. RBs are dime a dozen DEs aren't!

Sent from my XT1055 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#17 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,433 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

Gentleman isn't stupid. He wouldn't want the tag on hardy if he did not care for him to be on the team in the future. I'm 90% sure the tag is basically a place holder to work out a long term deal this season. And those who don't understand why we are investing in a great pass rush, smh! These aren't running backs

#18 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,872 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

don't want. ask Packers fans, there not all too sad to see him go

Unless he's a Revis or Sherman, that's bullcrap. You do realize The Packers have a crappy pass rush, right? I don't know why fans look at a solid corner like Shields and assume he's mediocre just because his DL can't pressure opposing QBs. It's really simple. If your team has a below average rush, your corners and safeties are gonna appear worse than they are in reality.

#19 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

We needed a way to keep Hardy while we get to a point where we can dump a, or both RB's. Hardy isn't the problem. DLo and Stewart are.

#20 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,119 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Hardy and Gettleman have handicapped us from building a complete team. Gettleman is to DEs as Hurney is to RBs. Hopefully Gettleman can get it done before the season begins, but at the moment I'm cautious of him. I've seen this story play out before not in the team's favor overall many many times in the past.

All he did was tag one DE. How does that compare to what Hurney did with RBs?

#21 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,335 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

@RapSheet: Packers trying to give him Tim Jennings deal (< $6M per) RT @PriscoCBS: Watching Sam Shields, I think he’s going to get paid big time.

End thread.

#22 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

Unless he's a Revis or Sherman, that's bullcrap. You do realize The Packers have a crappy pass rush, right? I don't know why fans look at a solid corner like Shields and assume he's mediocre just because his DL can't pressure opposing QBs. It's really simple. If your team has a below average rush, your corners and safeties are gonna appear worse than they are in reality.

I don't want him not only because I believe he's overrated, but more importantly we don't have the money to keep our own guys much less an overpriced CB

#23 bdub515

bdub515

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

@RapSheet: Packers trying to give him Tim Jennings deal (< $6M per) RT @PriscoCBS: Watching Sam Shields, I think he’s going to get paid big time.

End thread.

Damn, good for him then if it happens. I'd love for him to be a Panther but the truth is we just can't afford him as it stands right now unless Hardy is dealt. He outplayed Tramon Williams this past year when they were both healthy, he does get burned on rare occasions but he is very solid.

#24 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,840 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

We needed a way to keep Hardy while we get to a point where we can dump a, or both RB's. Hardy isn't the problem. DLo and Stewart are Hurney is.

fixed

#25 drkmay

drkmay

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

Didn't Hurney do the Charles Johnson deal and all the RBs deals?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#26 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,724 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

having hardy back will give us the option to draft young talent at CB and roll with that.

#27 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,840 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

having hardy back will give us the option to draft young talent at CB and roll with that.

nodding.gif

As long as we get Hardy transferred to a cap friendly contract instead of the FT.

#28 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:21 AM

All these DBs that are recognizable are old, will want too much, and there is a reason they are jobless. Free Agency is a joke.

#29 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,609 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:16 AM

Gentleman isn't stupid. He wouldn't want the tag on hardy if he did not care for him to be on the team in the future. I'm 90% sure the tag is basically a place holder to work out a long term deal this season. And those who don't understand why we are investing in a great pass rush, smh! These aren't running backs

Yea I think there is a method to his madness. Who knows though?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com