Sammy Watkins

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

We don't need a top 2 defense. This offense with Cam has so much potential to be virtually unstoppable. I wouldn't mind giving up next year's 1st round pick to get either Watkins or Evans. What's a bottom 1st round pick to perennial playoffs team! Most of those guys are hit or miss anyway. Gettleman need to do something. With all the money going to the defense we could have a cheap #1 franchise WR for the next 4 years. Make it happen!

Doesn't matter who plays WR or RB if you he the worst OL in the NFL

#47 Panthers111

Panthers111

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

The most talented player in the draft. He needs to be a Panther somehow. The effect he would have on our offense would be priceless. With Watkins I think despite our offensive line woes as of now, we would still undoubtedly be a top 10 offense. Top 5 even a possibility.

The amount of cap hit we are taking from Hardy ft is a ton. We were the second best defense. Take out Hardy and add Watkins to our offense and our D doesn't need to be AS good and our D is still going to be beastly cause of TD, Star, CJ, Kuechly. And I only named the guys we know for a fact can ball. I didn't name Short who could also be an All Pro DT or our slew of potential starting DE's with Addison, Horton, Alexander

We don't need to spend out the asshole for one great player on a great D we have plenty of great players on D. I think Gettleman has something up his sleeve and if a long term deal cant be agreed upon Hardy is traded.

Bottom line, Watkins makes our offense great. You want a sure fire #1? You get it in Watkins. He coulda fuged poo up in this years Pro Bowl ffs. Him and Cam would make a combo so prolific, unlike any combo ever in the NFL. HOF'er to HOF'er building their HOF resumes together.

I think you forgot the Superbowl. Peyton Manning with the best WR core + probowl tight end was only able to score 8 pts because the Oline couldnt hold up against the DL. Watkins reminds me alot of Demaryius Thomas. 

#48 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,945 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

This is my first post, so be nice.

I do not see the value in moving up to get Watkins, especially with how deep WR is in this draft. Teams like the Falcons (Jones) and the Redskins (RG3) have given up a lot of assets to get one player and now look where they are. Little to no depth espesicially on defense. Teams like the Patriots, Seahawks, and 49ers have stockpiled picks and depth.

Lee, Cooks, Beckham Jr., Benjamin, etc. are all guys that could be available for us in the 1st round, and all of those guys have a lot of upside. Lee had some injuries and played on a bad team this year, but remember the year before he was thought to be a potential top-5 pick.

However, I also believe in taking the best player available for the most part. If a guy like Justin Gilbert, Darquez Denard, or a highly rated OT falls to us at 28 I wouldn't be opposed to taking them. Reciever is a flashy, sexy position and we definitely need help there, but our secondary and O-Line need help as well. Receiver is so deep we could get a very good one in Round 2.

As far as first posts go, you could have done a lot worse.

#49 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

Watkins would be an insane pick for is but he will be long gone

#50 mc52beast

mc52beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

This thread reminded me of......

110428.10.jpg

#51 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,409 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

meh, not at 28, maybe in the 2nd round

#52 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

meh, not at 28, maybe in the 2nd round

DUDE ARE YOU HIGH, WOULDN'T TAKE HIM TILL THE 4TH AT BEST

#53 drkmay

drkmay

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

If Hurney where more practical when the league was operating without a cap for that short time period we could have our cake and eat it too...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#54 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

If Hurney where more practical when the league was operating without a cap for that short time period we could have our cake and eat it too...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You mean like the cowboys and redskins? Wth are u talking about?

#55 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,090 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

I think you forgot the Superbowl. Peyton Manning with the best WR core + probowl tight end was only able to score 8 pts because the Oline couldnt hold up against the DL. Watkins reminds me alot of Demaryius Thomas.

I don't even know how you came to this conclusion but,this bat shyt crazy.

#56 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:23 PM

Doesn't matter who plays WR or RB if you he the worst OL in the NFL

Agree. It would be nice to get both at the same time but things normally happen sequentially.

#57 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,622 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

I want to have relations with Halle Berry while Olivia Munn sits on my face and Kim K sucks my toes (she's nasty so that's all she's good for...no relations with her) while snorting the finest coke off Jennifer Aniston's stomach while Keri Hilson strokes my hair and whispers sweet nothings in my ear.

Am I doing it right? That scenario will happen before we draft Watkins. Jesus, this off season is about to suck ass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1201.gif

#58 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

Watkins is not going to be anything like Demaryius Thomas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users