• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,359 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

Hey, I'd love to get Parker but we f*cked up when we signed Jefferson. We should have just kept him on the sideline with a mysterious injury all year.

That's a tough one.  We do need to have some pieces in place for next year.  I think our best chance up to this point was to try and be good so we could attract some FA's who want to win and be part of a the first Hornet's team.  

Now we're doubly screwed.

This upcoming draft isn't as good as people think it is.  There are no real game changers in this draft.  How many more wins would we have if we had Parker.....5?  We need a bigger back court and another low post scorer.

Our best shot is through free agency...but free agents aren't going to want to come here if our track record shows they'll just get traded after a season.

#77 Omega Atrocity

Omega Atrocity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationWestern NC

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

That's a tough one.  We do need to have some pieces in place for next year.  I think our best chance up to this point was to try and be good so we could attract some FA's who want to win and be part of a the first Hornet's team.  

Now we're doubly screwed.

This upcoming draft isn't as good as people think it is.  There are no real game changers in this draft.  How many more wins would we have if we had Parker.....5?  We need a bigger back court and another low post scorer.

Our best shot is through free agency...but free agents aren't going to want to come here if our track record shows they'll just get traded after a season.

Sessions is hardly a high tier free agent. Trades happen in the NBA a lot, and players realize this by playing in the league. And if we're trading them away, they aren't helping us that much in the first place.

#78 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

Zeller has another very good game in a cup of coffee minutes wise, he should really be starting over McRoberts.

#79 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,359 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

Sessions is hardly a high tier free agent. Trades happen in the NBA a lot, and players realize this by playing in the league. And if we're trading them away, they aren't helping us that much in the first place.

I know Sessions isn't a star player....he's just a good glue guy that helps a team more maybe then thought. He does posses elite quickness however.  We've had players that have helped the team that we've traded.  I still don't get why we traded Tyson Chandler.  Man I'd love to have Chandler and Jefferson down on the low block.

Truth is we've never had a star player because we don't draft all that well.  We've had a ton of opportunities to draft star players and miss every single time.   How many top 5 picks have we had and who have we gotten?  There's no guarantee that our scouting dept gets next year right.  We took freaking Cody Zeller last year when Noel was there.  Zeller has gotten all star written all over him (sarcasm).   

I think keeping Sessions would have allowed us to have more of a respectable season then the alternative, and that's our best chance at getting better.  You've got to get better to get better and to get players that are better. Unless there's a no brainer like Lebron or Durant available but that's a rare breed that comes around once every 7 to 10 years.

I still think it's funny that Cho gets credit for the Thunder....who wouldn't have taken Durant.

#80 FourthWard

FourthWard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationEl Wardo Quatro

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:21 AM

Bobcats are 10 point underdogs, which is surprising but the real interesting prop bet is Durant pts + rebs at 41.5.  Considering KD's combined average is 40, one may lean towards the under bc there's a decent chance the game will get out of hand and Durant won't play much in the 4th quarter.  However, Durant went off for 34 pts and 12 boards in Charlotte earlier this season.

I'll go with the under and predict KD to put up 28 and 11.

:D

#81 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:14 AM

:D

28 points and if you add his rebound and assist numbers and he had 11

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

0 user(s) are reading this topic