#16 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

I love G-man from a business and personnel perspective.  He just needs to work on his PR skills when it comes to discussing business.  Yeah it's all "cool" and "cute" to be a straight-shooter, but you have to develop some tact as well.  You don't want to alienate players of Smitty's caliber and historical importance to the team, otherwise your straight-shooting style may become counterproductive. 

#17 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

Gettleman doing an outstanding job.

#18 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

For too long we suffered with a Jerry Jones-esque GM. A moron that could not conduct good business and thrust his team deep into mediocrity. Now we have a real GM and I couldn't be happier. The Smitty situation hurts me, no doubt, he's my all time fav. But even I know Smitty is almost done. I want him here but I'm a fan, I get to be attached. Gets is the GM, he is not afforded the same luxury.

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

He's the man.

#20 332nd

332nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

He's doing it right. Business can be messy.

#21 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,066 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

I love G-man from a business and personnel perspective. He just needs to work on his PR skills when it comes to discussing business. Yeah it's all "cool" and "cute" to be a straight-shooter, but you have to develop some tact as well. You don't want to alienate players of Smitty's caliber and historical importance to the team, otherwise your straight-shooting style may become counterproductive.

It's no big deal in the offseason, but it isn't something you want to spill into the regular season once things really matter. Which is what happened last year with the Cam comments, and leaving it out there to linger, and continue to spin in different directions with no response or correction is bad for the team. It's okay to be no nonsense, but when dealing with players vitally important to the success of your franchise, you've got to be a little more careful.

#22 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

How anyone can not have a positive opinion on Gettleman is beyond me. I care about winning not Steve Smiths feelings.

#23 thomas96

thomas96

DIZZY

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

So in his first year he cuts Gamble, and forces Gross into a restructure.  Gamble retires.

In his second, Gross retires, G-Man treats Smitty like a has-been, and doesn't even bother with Munnerlyn.

Hurney was loyal to his guys to a fault.  Think Gettleman is doing it right, or is he the anti-Hurney? 

Gamble needed to be cut, with all the injuries and lack of production. Gross was not forced into a restructure, he did it willingly and Gross was going to retire regardless. He clearly doesn't want to risk an injury that could affect the rest of his life. He never treated Smitty like a has-been, he merely answered a stupid reporter's question by saying literally nothing. Then the media twisted it and made a big deal out of it, like they always do. Munnerlyn is looking for too much money so we'll let him hit the open market. When he realizes teams won't pay him that much, we'll make him a reasonable offer and he'll come back. Gettleman has no issues.

#24 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,560 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

How anyone can not have a positive opinion on Gettleman is beyond me. I care about winning not Steve Smiths feelings.

Don't think that other players aren't looking at how Steve Smith is treated.  His "feelings" may cause repercussions throughout the organization and the league as a whole.  No need to piss him off unnecessarily, or any player for that matter.

#25 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,846 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

It's still early, but so far I am very pleased with Gettlemen.

#26 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

And just to add Captain is awful.

#27 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,629 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

Time will tell

#28 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,692 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

I think he's making chicken salad out of chicken poo, but that therein is the biggest thing...he couldn't do much worse, we've already seen that here.

#29 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

Don't think that other players aren't looking at how Steve Smith is treated. His "feelings" may cause repercussions throughout the organization and the league as a whole. No need to piss him off unnecessarily, or any player for that matter.

Thinking smitty's hurt feelings will affect the entire national football league is nonsense at best. Team? Maybe leave a bit of a shock wave but if they can't move on from him that's a testament to the weakness of their character not Gettleman's business decision.

#30 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,558 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

Anyone who bashes G-Man is a Grade A moron like AceBoogie (you know, the guy that brought you "Star will bust"). This is what we asked for when Hurney bankrupted us and failed to find draft prospects outside the first round.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com