Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bring back Lafell?

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Not a lot of rumbling about this. Hear me out ...

Assuming Smitty is still around, re-signing Ginn, and drafting one or two WR's, should we consider bringing back Lafell on a team-friendly 1-2 year deal? Despite what everyone thinks, he knows the system, is a good blocker, and can help shepard in the new WR's. I don't see the harm, unless you think another FA WR is out there for a similar price tag that would serve a better role. What do you think? 

Posted

No

Posted

2442057-1627833308-mj-la.gif

3 people like this

Posted

Not unless we have to and it's cheap.

1 person likes this

Posted

When Steve Smith was out, it should have been Lafell's time to shine, in a contract year no less, instead he disappeared. I've always liked Brandon, and wanted him to succeed here, but unless he's going to take a dirt cheap deal, let him walk.

5 people like this

Posted

Been saying yes all along

Posted

Hell no. I honestly rather see Mcnutt over Brandon now.

Brandon lost me this season after years of making excuses for him.

2 people like this

Posted

Posted

the only reason I'd call up LaFell and ask him to come back is if he forgot something in his locker

3 people like this

Posted

I hate the way Lafell would disappear in games....especially considering he was never facing the opponents number one corner. I can't see him ever being more than a complimentary receiver on any team. Having said that, he knows our offense and if he's extremely affordable then I wouldn't be upset about him coming back. I personally think Ted Ginn is a higher priority and has more of a chance at making a bigger impact on our offense.

3 people like this

Posted

No, absolutely not.

Posted

Only if we still take a top WR in the draft and the guys we targeted in FA signed somewhere else. AND he signs no more than a 2.5 million dollar deal.

I like the LaFell and I think he is respected by the team but he is not what the team needs right now. He's good enough to be on a roster but is in no way Steve's successor.