Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monday Night Shyamalan

Bring back Lafell?

57 posts in this topic

No. He's nothing more than a solid blocker. He isn't a veteran leader or anything, he's really just a complete joke. Let him walk no matter the price.

Wouldn't hate it but would have to be for very cheap. While he frustrates me in passing game at times he still is a decent player and a very good blocker. If he came back near minimum and we played him more on run downs wouldn't mind.

2 people like this

2442057-1627833308-mj-la.gif

What's that....MJ's response to his team having a chance at the playoffs?

2 people like this

Oh Wee Mayne.

Lots I hate up in here. I do understand the frustration 11 gives out, but if he's cheap and we're still trying to actively upgrade the WR corp, he'd be a decent keep for us. Like a few others have said, he knows the system and is a great blocker, plus he kinda somewhat produces in the passing game. If he's back, he should be a 3rd or 4th WR for us. We already need a new number 1, a potential number 2. re-signing Ginn as a situational WR is a hopeful as well, and Smitty should be a role player going forward. That's a ton of uncertainty revolving around our WR core... So yeah, if the price is right, at least we know we'd be getting a solid yet unspectacular LaFell to help us out.

2 people like this

Ban the OP for his insolence.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

We can't afford him.  This dude will command almost infinity billion dollars on the open market!

You guys are ridiculous...if I hadn't watched a Panthers game before, I'd think LaFell was a colossal bust reading these comments in here. He's a good #3, serviceable #2, and a terrible #1 (albeit with small sample size). Does every WR on our roster have to have #1 WR potential? LaFell is good depth who knows the playbook, has a lot of starting experience in the system, excels at blocking (for a run-first team), is durable, no issues in the locker room...and yet the hate he gets is on par with Byron Bell. But at least people seem to be on board with re-signing Bell as depth...any mention of re-signing LaFell just gets laughed off.

You can't argue about how terrible he is and then say he's gonna get a good-sized contract somewhere...if he's as bad as everyone says, no team is gonna offer him a decent contract. He has more value to us than any other team so I think he'll accept a modest contract to stay here.

You guys are ridiculous...if I hadn't watched a Panthers game before, I'd think LaFell was a colossal bust reading these comments in here. He's a good #3, serviceable #2, and a terrible #1 (albeit with small sample size). Does every WR on our roster have to have #1 WR potential? LaFell is good depth who knows the playbook, has a lot of starting experience in the system, excels at blocking (for a run-first team), is durable, no issues in the locker room...and yet the hate he gets is on par with Byron Bell. But at least people seem to be on board with re-signing Bell as depth...any mention of re-signing LaFell just gets laughed off.

You can't argue about how terrible he is and then say he's gonna get a good-sized contract somewhere...if he's as bad as everyone says, no team is gonna offer him a decent contract. He has more value to us than any other team so I think he'll accept a modest contract to stay here.

To be considered a serviceable #2 receiver, one has to actually show up consistently, and actually produce in the event that the #1 receiver is out. Lafell put up 13 yards when Smith went out early in the first quarter against the Saints in week 16, and then he put up exactly zero yards in week 17 against the Falcons while Smith was out again, and he had zero TD's through the final 5 games of the season.

It's pretty telling that the most people can say about him in this thread is that he's a good blocker.

If he is willing to sign for #3/4 receiver money on an incentive laden cheap 2 year deal, sure. If he wants more? Let him get it elsewhere. This is coming from someone who has defended him on numerous occasions, and thought he would shine in a contract year given the opportunity.

I doubt he'll demand number 2 money. He is smoking something serious if he does. It's in the best interest for both parties to return for chump change.

Him and Cam have chemistry on the field. Don't know why we wouldn't want him back for cheap...