Photo
- - - - -

Even Ebron wants Smitty to stay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#37 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

I'm surprised the UNC hate hasn't started in this thread yet!

Ebron is a beast. Will be the first TE off the board and will go well before the Panthers draft. He would thrive in the Panthers offense. You guys were complaining about Olsen's speed this year - I got news for ya - Ebron can catch those passes that Olsen couldn't outrun. 

#38 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

Then you better leave little boy.  TEs don't always mean WR. Only if they are converted to a WR. Which want happen. Besides he will be drafted long before he gets to us at 28. So need to worry. So good bye little boy.

lol stop posting

#39 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

so a Panther fan wants SS to stay a Panther? 

is that the jist of this thread?

#40 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

5 dropped passes & I don't remember any of them. Less drops than any of the younger guys (not including Olsen). I would expect a new guy to come in & have about the same if not more so thts damn good for someone who suppose to be "losing it". Still remains our biggest 3rd down threat & Cam's most trustworthy reciever in showing that, he can not only make the catch, but also make ppl miss & get the extra yardage to get the 1st. Bottom line....I think you're being a bit dramatic

He's definitely being a bit dramatic. I hope you remember the drop against the Cardinals in the first qtr. There is still a lot of tread left and we aren't using him where he would be the most effective at this age. He needs to be a slot receiver because he will draw a lot of attention there.

#41 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

I wish Ebron was an option for us, but he'll be long gone when we're on the clock and I don't want to trade up for anyone.  At least not as far up as someone like Ebron would likely require.  Jumping up a spot or two for the right guy... maybe.  Beyond that, the cost is just too steep.

#42 NFLFangirl19

NFLFangirl19

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

He's definitely being a bit dramatic. I hope you remember the drop against the Cardinals in the first qtr. There is still a lot of tread left and we aren't using him where he would be the most effective at this age. He needs to be a slot receiver because he will draw a lot of attention there.

no the Arizona game was 1 of the few i missed but yes everything else you said was 100% correct

#43 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

I will never forget the dropped TD in the Arizona game this year, which was followed by a WIDE OPEN drop on the very next pass to smitty...that game woulda turned out different;y i believe if he didn't drop that TD...

I love Smitty and always will as a panthers fan, but he has been putting the ball on the ground more than usual lately, but its only more noticeable because of who he was before, the monster that took over games

I agree, but that lost, did not hurt our playoff position what-so-ever. Even if we would've won that game we still would've been the 2nd seed.

#44 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

We met with Ebron at the combine? Only other guy I know we met with was Boyd.

Really wish our beat writers did a better job of covering stuff like that.

this stuck out to me more then his response. we have only heard of 2 names that have met with the panthers at the combine, while the other 31 teams have no issue letting their fans know who all they met with. i asked Joe and John, and neither one responded.

#45 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

What the hell does he know anyway. Surely the keyboard warriors calling a grown man who plays in the NFL a "diva" know better.

Ebron. <3.

#46 Jimmy

Jimmy

Beer Me

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

Ebron just told the media he wants to be a Giant.  I think they have a need and pick about where his name comes into the discussion (10th).  Now this.  Oh, Eric.  What a tangled web we weave....

Ebron is a great prospect and he said the right things.  That interview reflects well on him.

This is exactly why he said it.  I am sure he thinks of Smitty in that light but Ebron sees the big picture (or at least his agent does).  Let me talk up a team that I can help immediately to ensure I get drafted earlier by another team that I can help immediately. $$$$$ 

#47 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

He probably posts here.

#48 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

this stuck out to me more then his response. we have only heard of 2 names that have met with the panthers at the combine, while the other 31 teams have no issue letting their fans know who all they met with. i asked Joe and John, and neither one responded.

I seriously wonder what is they do all day? How hard could it be to have a contact on the team that can supply simple info like who the team met with and who they worked out privately and at pro day.

Really frustrating.