#31 TheNewStandard

TheNewStandard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

If we pass on ASJ in the 2nd for Davante Adams I'm gonna rage

if either ASJ or Amaro are available in the 2nd you pretty much run to the podium and turn in the card for them

It's all about where these guys rank on our big board. We have to get day 1 starters in this draft, regardless of plying position and we already have Olson, so I don't know if it helps us unless we plan on using Olsen for trade bait to move up in the draft. I don't see that happening.

#32 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

this draft is gonna be heavily influenced on needs. if you dont think that i got some bad news for you.... esp with all our departures. 

#33 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,543 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:13 PM

I would LOVE the mock Walter has for us right now:

1. Odell Beckham Jr WR

2. Morgan Moses OT

3. Dante Moncrief WR

4. Anthony Steen G

5. Ross Cockrell CB

#34 TheNewStandard

TheNewStandard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:08 AM

I would LOVE the mock Walter has for us right now:

1. Odell Beckham Jr WR
2. Morgan Moses OT
3. Dante Moncrief WR
4. Anthony Steen G
5. Ross Cockrell CB

I like OBJ and think he is an NFL ready-made #2 receiver with excellent return skills. This would be ideal for us as we need both. Benjamin may have a higher ceiling but it's anyone's guess as to when he will mature and be ready for the NFL. I'd rather go with the sure-thing in the first.

Moses would instantly improve our line and again, anyone we get here is gonna have to get some seasoning before they are ready for LT and so for it looks like Bell is gonna be that guy for the time being. Mewhort is more well-rounded but not sure if he will ever be a T, regardless of how polished he is and we are pretty solid at G as long as our injured returners are ready to go.

Moncrief is a big target and is more polished than Benjamin, at this point. He doesn't have the speed to burn DBs but has the size and ball skills to go get it. He would compete for a starting spot from day one but it may take a year or two for him to become a go-to target or more than a #3. Available players here are Jack Mewhort OG, Bruce Ellington WR, Brandon Coleman and EN Gaines. Any of these would be good value here and I'd be happy if any of them are chosen.

In the 4th, we could do better than Steen and if there isn't a huge run on CBs before we pick, there could be several good options if we chose to go that route.

Good picks, all in all. Hope I shakes out this way!

#35 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,190 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

any draft in which we can get Moses with our second round pick, I will be happy

#36 The Lone Panther

The Lone Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

With us re-signing James Dockery and now with the signing of Cason, that may indicate that we're not going to draft a corner.  However, we may still draft a safety.   

1.  WR (Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews)

2.  OL (Billy Turner, Joel Bitonio, Cyrus Kouandjio)

3.  OL (Ju'Wan James, Joel Bitonio, James Hurst)

4.  WR (Mike Davis, Bruce Ellington, Brandon Coleman)

5.  WR (Brandon Coleman, Kevin Norwood, Cody Latimer)

6.  LB (Kevin Pierre-Louis, Howard Jones, Max Bullough)

7.  DB (Ty Zimmerman, Hakeem Smith, Alden Darby)

#37 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,889 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

I love walter's first three picks. All three would be day 1 starters for us (the WRs most obviously of all). The last two I neither know nor care about.

#38 uscgamecocks

uscgamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

Walter's newest mock has the Panthers selecting OBJ in the first, Moses in the second, and Moncrief in the third.

Then has us drafting a guard from Alabama in the fourth despite Billy Turner being available. Switch that pick to Turner and you basically have the Panthers dream scenario.

I'd be perfectly willing to trade a 2015 pick to up tier that 4th and lock Turner up late 3rd if he is available. All four of those picks would represent incredible value at positions of need and would be Day 1 contributors.

#39 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

Walter's latest mock would be awesome, but it probably has a .0001% chance of happening. The first three picks will be gone by the time they're slotted to us. 

#40 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • 2,152 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

panthersb_logo.gif Carolina Panthers: Odell Beckham, WR, LSU LSU_logo.gif
The Panthers' receiving corps is a joke right now. They're so desperate for a wideout that they may have to as Nate from the Play 60 commercials to catch passes from Cam Newton. They almost have to go with a wideout, so perhaps they'll move up for someone like Odell Beckham. 

#41 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

I got them grabbing Beckham, but doubt we have to move up.  This is a DEEP DEEP WR class

1st: Odell Beckham jr
2nd: Morgan Moses
3rd: Donte Moncrief
4th: James Hurst 
5th: Antone Exum
6th: Michael Campanaro
7th: Aaron Covin

panthersb_logo.gif Carolina Panthers: Odell Beckham, WR, LSU LSU_logo.gif
The Panthers' receiving corps is a joke right now. They're so desperate for a wideout that they may have to as Nate from the Play 60 commercials to catch passes from Cam Newton. They almost have to go with a wideout, so perhaps they'll move up for someone like Odell Beckham. 

#42 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

IF we take anything on defense at  point god help us.

#43 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

Walter's newest mock has the Panthers selecting OBJ in the first, Moses in the second, and Moncrief in the third.

Then has us drafting a guard from Alabama in the fourth despite Billy Turner being available. Switch that pick to Turner and you basically have the Panthers dream scenario.

I'd be perfectly willing to trade a 2015 pick to up tier that 4th and lock Turner up late 3rd if eve is available. All four of those picks would represent incredible value at positions of need and would be Day 1 contributors.

no way in fug turner is available in the 4th. 

#44 uscgamecocks

uscgamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

no way in fug turner is available in the 4th.

Agreed - I think he is a 2nd / 3rd round guy. But I'd be fine trading a 2nd rounder in 2015 to grab him in the middle third if he is there.

#45 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,310 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

IF we take anything on defense at point god help us.

I could honestly see them taking an OLB. Possibly Shazier, ill lose my poo if that happens though.

I got the sense from reading DG's Q&A that he isn't too high on rookie WR's. I'm thinking he rather take WR's in the later rounds have them develop for a year then play them.

Only realistic available player on D that I'd be ok with taking at 28 is Fuller

Pryor and Dix will most likely both be gone by 28.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com