Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmos: a space time Odyssey

111 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

JjTg3u6.gif

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

This week's episode is probably the best of the series so far. Yes it starts out as basic stuff you already know, but then it shows more stuff in this episode that I didn't know about than previous ones. Only thing I got lost on was the chamber of water and the raft he was in. Can someone clear that up for me?

want-to-hear-a-joke-about-neutrinos-itd-

Posted · Report post

The original Cosmos had a lot of our scientific history included as well. I enjoy it all because everything, even scientific "truth" is filtered through the lens of human perception.

Posted · Report post

God I love the internet.

[yt]dhQ4IgRiFuU[/yt]

Posted · Report post

The ratings for this show keep falling for some reason...Think sundays may be just too packed for it to compete with other shows.

Posted · Report post

The ratings for this show keep falling for some reason...Think sundays may be just too packed for it to compete with other shows.

Are you looking at just Sunday? I prefer the Monday broadcast with more to watch.

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

the reason is because a lot of it is stuff people already know about.

Posted · Report post

the reason is because a lot of it is stuff people already know about.

maybe..I've seen a lot of complaint's about how they feel its a little bit more style over substance at times.

Posted · Report post

For the most part, from what I can tell by my Facebook, those who absolutely love science watch the show every week. I know myself and everybody else on my friends list who watched the first episode are watching every week, anyway.

The people who like/are interested in science seem to be hit or miss (which is understandable). I mean, I know people who hated the Sagan Cosmos series, every episode of Through The Wormhole with Morgan Freeman, and every other good science show. It's just not TV that's interesting to a lot of people. Part of it is apathy of the subject, part of it is it's not as instantly gratifying for some. The attention spans of people are short now and they just want their 5 second soundbites rather than an hour long show explaining the universe and how science brought us the discoveries therein.

Posted · Report post

When you compete with the game of thrones, you win or you d....actually no you just die.

Posted · Report post

This week's episode is probably the worst of the series. It can all be summed up by saying "Lead is bad Mmkay".