#91 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

Were not worried about it. There will always be demand for oil.

Also free energy? What's the highest level science you've had? Because I have this perpetual motion machine I could sell you.

2nd grade science, and golly gee mister ya mean it?!

#92 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,221 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

http://imgur.com/gallery/c5kxweD

I do love me some NDT

#93 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,060 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:51 AM

Playing catch up. Just watched the episode on light. I needed that one. I've always been perplexed when it comes to light and never really tried to understand it. I think I finally got a decent grasp. A couple things they did made it click. I love learning something new!

#94 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,795 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

bFPBAfM_zps6edcd8e0.jpg

#95 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,760 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

stealing that

#96 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,304 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Wow this was the episode I have been waiting for. The best one of the series.

#97 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

Really good episode.

#98 Zinu

Zinu

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAndromeda

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:38 PM

Thought it was a great episode yet again. NDT had some big shoes to fill when it came to doing cosmos.

So far I think he's doing a great job. Part of me wants to see them have a special episode and bring someone like Bill Nye, or Michio Kaku.

Attached Files

#99 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

What I've found is that those of us who weren't around when the original Cosmos aired REALLY love this show. The older generations tend to be hit-or-miss on the show, and a lot of times it's because of their view on the original. At least, that's the generalization I've reached (of course, this isn't absolute by any means).

I think this is going to be a series that in 20-30 years, people look back and say "Neil deGrasse Tyson and Cosmos were AWESOME!" in much the same way Sagan's cosmos is now. I love both the original and this one at about the same level. Presentation is only different because of the advancements in technology and television.

Here's the big question: do you want this to be a regular show, or do you want it to air it's episodes and then let that be that for a while?

#100 Zinu

Zinu

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAndromeda

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:05 AM

I sadly was not born when original aired, but have watched it at least twice throughout my life. And even seeing the original back in the late 90's. I was hooked and found it intriguing, mesmerizing even. It sparked so much curiosity in me that still last 15+ years later.

When I watch the new one I get the same feelings. As I stated before I think Tyson has done a wonderful job along with the the production on it.

But to answer the question you asked, I would love to see it continue as a series. It's a great educational and overall fun show to watch. Add to that the show has almost and endless amount of topics to be discussed.

I also believe it teaches a younger generation so much more than they would find in school. I recently got my 9 year old nephew and 7 year old niece to watch it and they are in love the show. At their grade level they are not learning much in the way of what's being taught on the show.

And just like Sagan, Tyson has a way of explaining it where regardless if your 7 or 50 years old your still learning about how vast, beautiful, chaotic the universe can be (apologies for the wall of text)

#101 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,304 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:37 PM

Another really good episode. Maybe the series is finally getting to the good stuff now.

#102 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,304 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

1 thing I wish though is that the audio didn't suck so much. I can barely hear what this mother fuger is saying. He either needs to speak louder or they need to turn his voice up in editing.

#103 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,304 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

Holy fug what a great episode. Yea I think they're finally getting to the good ones now. Best one yet.

#104 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,060 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

http://io9.com/cosmo...s-pa-1580682453

Too funny

#105 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

Wait...people watch Cosmos without getting high first?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.