Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about our 5th (or 6th) round pick for Denarius Moore? Edit: Tweet @Panthers #6thfor@DenariusMoore. Worth a shot

53 posts in this topic

Posted

OK, for the love of all that is Panther Blue and Black, now is even more ripe of a time to offer Reggie McKenzie a trade for Denarius Moore.  I'm fairly sure that the Raiders were already missing a 5th round pick, but after dealing for Pick-6-Schaub, they are now missing their 6th.  We could do worse.  

Let's twitter bomb @Panthers;

#6thfor@DenariusMoore

1 person likes this

Posted

OK, for the love of all that is Panther Blue and Black, now is even more ripe of a time to offer Reggie McKenzie a trade for Denarius Moore.  I'm fairly sure that the Raiders were already missing a 5th round pick, but after dealing for Pick-6-Schaub, they are now missing their 6th.  We could do worse.  

Let's twitter bomb @Panthers;

#6thfor@DenariusMoore

I'd also be okay with this.  With how good of a core we have and what a good locker room at the moment, if we can just take a few chances on some of these low risk-high reward players than we may have one pan out, right? 

Posted

I'd also be okay with this.  With how good of a core we have and what a good locker room at the moment, if we can just take a few chances on some of these low risk-high reward players than we may have one pan out, right? 

Well tweet the SOBs.  Let's flex the power of social media.

Posted

With such a deep draft, I'd say a 6th. 

Posted

Well tweet the SOBs.  Let's flex the power of social media.

I really hope that Gettleman isn't taking roster advice from social media... that's just me though...

1 person likes this

Posted

I really hope that Gettleman isn't taking roster advice from social media... that's just me though...

True, but at least we can try and plant the seed.  

It's not like it's an outlandish idea.

Posted

This will probably work. If there's one thing we've learned recently, it's that Gettleman chooses his WRs based on what the fans want.

Posted

Tony Washington or Andrew Peacock from App State would be better. 38.5 inch vert 4-4 to 4-5 speed. Put up the bench 22 times and at 5-10 205 are a lot like Steve Smith. I've seen them go up and over the back of Florida, ECU, and Georgia DBs to snag a ball from in front of their face.

5th rounder at best, undfa if they're there but the stock is bullish right now.

Posted

I don't post on here much, but ever since I heard that Moore doesn't fit into the Raiders not want style, I've been advocating him. He's still cheap as well (on rookie contract) so that's a huge benefit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Tony Washington or Andrew Peacock from App State would be better. 38.5 inch vert 4-4 to 4-5 speed. Put up the bench 22 times and at 5-10 205 are a lot like Steve Smith. I've seen them go up and over the back of Florida, ECU, and Georgia DBs to snag a ball from in front of their face.

5th rounder at best, undfa if they're there but the stock is bullish right now.

Ifw e can get Moore and draft one of these guys we'd be set.

Posted

I mean, obviously all of that is true, but I think wideout is probably the most easily replaceable position in football honestly. There are so many guys that can be solid and fill the role of a #2 or #3 receiver. Guys already on our roster, guys in the draft, guys buried on other rosters, free agents, etc. When watching more, he's clearly solid and could fill in as a decent #2 or #3 guy, but so can LaFell, Ginn, maybe even Hixon, etc. However, I personally don't think he's a #1 star receiver. Any one of these late round prospects COULD be. Sure, they can also be terrible, but why not take the risk? It's a 5th rounder, and at the very least, he wont play at all and we'll run with a free agent, Donald LaFell, Teddy Ginn, etc at the 2 and 3.

It's the Cam Newton complex. Cam was unproven and many labelled him as a future bust. But there was a chance that he'd be a bonafide superstar. Sure, we could've taken Patrick Peterson or AJ Green who were likely safer picks, but neither one of those guys can single handedly win championships. The difference between a Cam Newton and a Jimmy Clausen versus the difference between a Patrick Peterson and a Captain Munnerlyn is much bigger and more important, and can single handedly be the difference of a 2-14 team and a playoff team.

I have to disagree with you on this.....look at all the receivers we brought in to replace Mushin Muhammad. We've invested quite a few draft pics with no solid solutions. Colbert, Lafell, Keyshawn, Jarrett, Gettis, Pilares, Adam Jones, just to name a few off the top of my head. Who's panned out to be an every down player? Who's been a reliable #2? Quality receivers aren't easy to find in my opinion. Lafell is the closest things we've found and he's more of a #3 at best.

2 people like this

Posted

Ifw e can get Moore and draft one of these guys we'd be set.

I think one of them would work out great as 5th guy but a back up at returner. Pure developmental prospects at this point but you can't deny their potential to contribute in year 2 or 3.