Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFL Free Agent News

822 posts in this topic

Posted

Didn't work out so bad last year :)

Yea it did. But we can't just keep living year to year like this. We need to get solid core group guys to stay together for years down the line to make this team good. We never know what we will get from one season after the next with one yr contract guys.

Posted

I am really thinking that we draft 2 OTs and will have one start and the other compete with Bell. We are in no position to hit the market hard, and by next weekend, the OTs in free agency could be gone.

while I don't doubt the panthers draft two tackles, iI'd be willing to bet they sign a veteran tackle.

Ya got to have some leadership at that position.

1 person likes this

Posted

DT Red Bryant 4 year deal w/Jaguars.

1 person likes this

Posted

Eugene Monroe won't accept any less than $10M/year... Pretty much no way we sign him as some people want.

No way we could afford 10mm this year. But we could maybe average 10 over a 4 year period with an 8 mil cap hit in the first year.

Posted

Oher please.

No. Oher is a RT, Collins is the guy we need to replace Gross.

Posted

DT Red Bryant 4 year deal w/Jaguars.

Great move by Jags. Love Gus Bradley. He will change the culture of that team.

I expect Browner to be a Jags also.

1 person likes this

Posted

while I don't doubt the panthers draft two tackles, iI'd be willing to bet they sign a veteran tackle.

Ya got to have some leadership at that position.

that would be my choice---I am thinking he plays Noah this year:  2 WRs, 2 T's, 2 CBs,   Of course, a lot can change between now and then.

Posted

Agree, Collins is a good fit.

Posted

FS Darrell Stuckey re-signs w/Chargers.

Posted

We wouldn't want Collins to by "the guy" at LT. We should draft a LT and sign Oher even if it means waiting to deal with WR. We don't want Bell starting again. And Oher CAN play LT, well enough that even if we had to live with Oher and Bell we wouldn't be too bad off. And Collins is likely more expensive than Oher.

Posted

We wouldn't want Collins to by "the guy" at LT. We should draft a LT and sign Oher even if it means waiting to deal with WR. We don't want Bell starting again. And Oher CAN play LT, well enough that even if we had to live with Oher and Bell we wouldn't be too bad off. And Collins is likely more expensive than Oher.

Collins played pretty damn well at LT. Plus, at 28 theres just no value there with OT. Unless, You just really believe that Kouandjio or Tiny are good to go. Its a reach taking Bitonio, Moses, or Mewhort. Rather take your chance and hope that Hurst (a true LT) will be there in the 3rd.

Posted

Sign those two as bookends and I'll be happy.