Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Panthers attempting to trade Steve Smith.

• Please log in to reply
637 replies to this topic

#631 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,448 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

Being a homer and being loyal to your franchise's greatest player ever are very, very different.

yo JJman, wasn't the downfall of our last regime/ gm the fact that we remained too loyal for too long?

#632 JJman

JJman

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

yo JJman, wasn't the downfall of our last regime/ gm the fact that we remained too loyal for too long?

In a way, yes.

However, loyalty to your teams RB for 4 several years is different then the loyality to your franchises best player in history. And I'm not trying to sound like a smartass.

#633 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

In a way, yes.

However, loyalty to your teams RB for 4 several years is different then the loyality to your franchises best player in history. And I'm not trying to sound like a smartass.

I get u man I know you're not, but when its time its time. I don't like how its going down either but I understand why is going down and how its the best move.

#634 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

Keep in mind it is hurney who would have gave 13m next year and 15 the next. Something like that. Think its a big cap hit now? If we did it next year it would be even worse! Smitty is old and done. Gettleman ain't just lookin at this season. Smitty's money is one hell of a lump next few seasons.

#635 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,717 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

Name me in 5 seconds, all the great receivers that New England has under contract.  Go!!

Not Edleman, he is also a free agent

#636 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,747 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

In a way, yes.

How many times does the cap implications of cutting our RB's have to be laid out before some of you idiots get it through your heads that they basically can't be moved or cut yet.

#637 rko396

rko396

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

Wait. If Smitty isnt cut in the next 18 minutes, does that mean that THIS will be the state of the Huddle until June 1st? Suicide watch?

If so, i think i'm going to take a little time off.

#638 JJman

JJman

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

How many times does the cap implications of cutting our RB's have to be laid out before some of you idiots get it through your heads that they basically can't be moved or cut yet.

when/where did I even mention cutting one of our RBs as a better move? I get we can't do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com