Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just to clear something up....

48 posts in this topic

Posted

What the fug does muh vuh percentage doe mean

Posted

Maybe it isn't to everyone but every year I go to training camp I've seen him be an asshole to at least one fan. Only saw 1 that deserved it. Speaking from experience he has been an asshole to me twice and I am a soft-spoken respectful guy that has been a fan of his since he was drafted. He isn't the most likable guy at all from a fan's perspective. He is/was a hell of a player and that always helped me get over that. I am aware of his family/community involvement and think it is great, but as far as fan interaction he was always a huge letdown. This is hard to admit seeing as he has been my favorite player for so long.

Posted

Increases the chance we take a BPA at 28

Fixed.

Posted

Good then. Now he will have more time to do good deeds off the field.

Spoken like a first class prick.

3 people like this

Posted

This is straight business and I love it ! It's time we started acting like one. I will miss smitty, he's been one of the best panthers ever. But it had to end at some point, hopefully he can make more coin on another team. Trade up for Kelvin and bring in J.Jones...superbowl. IMHO

Posted

It is a business

We all know it

Unitas, Rice, Montana all treated badly

Still this could have been handled a lot better for a man who crawled to the sideline with a broken leg rather than have people see him on a stretcher and a man who contributed so much.

Was he paid yes, but that doesn't mean he should not have had just a little respect.

Disappointing Gettleman. Disappointing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not a jerk? Tell that to the people of Firethorne CC (where he used to live). My friends dad was on the HOA and didn't have many positive things to say about him. He had no reason to lie about this. 

Posted

It is a business

We all know it

Unitas, Rice, Montana all treated badly

Still this could have been handled a lot better for a man who crawled to the sideline with a broken leg rather than have people see him on a stretcher and a man who contributed so much.

Was he paid yes, but that doesn't mean he should not have had just a little respect.

Disappointing Gettleman. Disappointing.

Something else that has grabbed my attention regarding Smith and the team during the past few days; Rivera was mighty quick to jump in line and conform to Gettleman's statements when he was asked about Smitty and his future with his team. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I remember when I first met smitty. It was in 2003 which was weeks after the Super Bowl loss. He came to Winston Salem along with Rucker and Foster. I remember approaching his to get my autograph signed. I didn't know what to expect and I heard some negative things about him. It was the exact opposite though. I met a guy who was hilarious and joked with me along with some friends. He signed my NFC championship shirt. People who say all these mean things about him never met him. He is a great guy and very humble. He took on the example of Jesus had laid out and washes the feet of strangers. Awesome guy in my book

Posted

I love Smith's fire as a player.  But quite frankly, he is a complete ass and dick as a person.  And that is a fact.

lol

1 person likes this

Posted

he is very moody and if you doesnt like you......wrath you shall feel.

media-wise, smart players/people use the media for their benefit. turn a negative to a positive gos a long way here.  that or never talk to them, which is against nfl rules. 

Everyone is moody towards people they do not like.

Posted

Everyone is moody towards people they do not like.

Untrue.