Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Future was spit on and buried using a shovel.

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

Everything will be fine, trust in Cho.

#32 WOW!!

WOW!!

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:34 AM

It's not valid or smart to have your hopes and future depending on a lottery wheel. I'm sorry we've been on that ride already and it was a big heartbreak every time.

#33 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:42 AM

What?

Hornets moved away you loser.

Yeah, about 3 years after Shinn dumped the roster in a 10-year old girl hissy fit and ruined the OG Hornets forever.

Which was conveniently around the time Kobe/Shaq/Phil paired up in LA & MJ was exiting the league.

#34 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

7-59 got us MKG...

I love MKG & he's a solid player, but he wasn't worth it.

NFL = build thru draft

MLB = build thru farm system

NBA = build thru free agency

#35 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • 2,230 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:39 AM

If we keep Detroit pick I'm hoping fit Greg Monroe in free agency and the sg from Michigan st Gary Harris.

I think that would be a very competitive young team

#36 Panther_Brotherhood

Panther_Brotherhood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

Remember when we were the worst team in NBA history and we got screwed out of the 1st pick?

Screw the draft. I'd rather watch a .500 team then an awful team.

#37 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • 48,047 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Maybe a spade was used.

#38 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,260 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

So uh

what happened to the free agency and our two first round picks?

#39 yosemiteben

yosemiteben

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

"It was stupid for us to sign Al Jefferson.  What we should have done was tank so we could draft a player that in three or four years might be productive enough to be a poor man's Al Jefferson." - OP logic

#40 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

What many of the tankers wanted would have meant no Big Al. With our team we would probably be around the 6-9 picks without Big Al. So I guess the question would be, would you trade the 6-9 pick for Al Jefferson and playoff this year?

Now don't say Wiggins, Parke, blah blah bc we wouldn't have been that bad to get them. Most likely we "traded" Noah Vonleh for Al Jefferson and playoffs. 

I think we made a good decision. 

This is the truth, there are just too many teams tanking this year.  We werent going to be bad enough to tank, because you dont tank for a low lottery pick.  If we really wanted to tank, we would had to cut/ trade Kemba, not sign Big Al, and not hired Clifford. 

Instead, we have a legit .500 team going into next season with playoff experience.  We still have a bunch of young players as part of our core rotation, and we have a lottery pick coming this year or next year from Detroit. 

You cant just tank indefinitely, at some point you have to win games or else your young players develop poor habits and a bad mindset.  Players have to learn how to win games at some point, or else they start going through the motions and just gunning for their own stats.  Teams like Sacramento, Cleveland, and Minnesota have failed to develop promising young players because they have failed to develop a winning culture.

#41 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,546 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:33 AM

Nice grammar

#42 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

This is the best case scenario for us- to be mediocre in a historically awful conference. We aren't going to get lucky and draft some superstar who turns us into a contender, and we aren't going to build a real winner through free agency. Accept what we are- a 1st round punching bag- and be content with it. Only a small handful of franchises can legitimately hope to win a title, and we will never be among that group. 

#43 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

This is the best case scenario for us- to be mediocre in a historically awful conference. We aren't going to get lucky and draft some superstar who turns us into a contender, and we aren't going to build a real winner through free agency. Accept what we are- a 1st round punching bag- and be content with it. Only a small handful of franchises can legitimately hope to win a title, and we will never be among that group.

When would you like to be fitted for your vagina?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#44 JJman

JJman

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,232 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

If you think the only way to build a contender is through top draft picks you are horribly mistaken.

Look at the pacers. Roy Hibbert and Paul George are the two main pieces to the team currently in 1st place in the East. Roy Hibbert went 17th overall and George went 10th. Neither are superstars, but they are leading a championship contending team. How about George Hill? He was a 26th overall pick who they acquired through a trade. Lance Stephonson was a 2nd round pick.

How about the Spurs? Yes, Duncan was a 1st overall pick. However, Ginobili was a 2nd rounder, Parker went 28th overall, and Kawhi Leonard went 15th.

The thunder are the only team to build a team through top tier picks and they have yet to win a championship. Trust me, we are better off building a competitive team then just waiting around until we get lucky on the lottery and a superstar happens to be declaring for the draft that year.

#45 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,061 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

With Al on board and others emerging, primarily Kemba, you'd have to think Charlotte is or will become a viable landing spot for some good FA talent.

I'd love to sign another piece in time to re-build the Hornets brand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users