Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Steve getting cut tuesday, had dinner with JR

Best Answer Gabeking, 11 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

I'd rather go 6-10 knowing Steve will be there until the end.

Then you're obviously a Steve Smith fan more than you are a Carolina Panthers fan. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#46 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:22 AM

This is not fair to Steve. But alas life is not fair for most of us. At least Steve has money in the bank.

#47 KillaCamNewton

KillaCamNewton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:23 AM

Ice up gettleman

#48 Panthers111

Panthers111

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:23 AM

this team is no going to have a winning season next year. the blame still goes on hurney. Gettleman will take flack for this. I'd rather go 6-10 knowing Steve will be there until the end.

Steve was great but that is all in the past. In my opinion last year was probably the first year that steve smith was not an impact guy. He looked very average. The strength of this team lies in the defense and cam. 

#49 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,784 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:24 AM

F*CK DAVID GETTLEMAN.  YOU FAT PIECE OF WORTHLESS SH*T.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS.

THIS IS UNfugING REAL.

I know it's a business, but this hurts...  bad.

#50 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,652 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

Damn!

Beason, Gross, and now Smith. Williams, Stewart, and Olsen could very well be next.

#51 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,383 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

I know I'm half drunk, but.. who are you talking about? Smitty, or Gman? Someone is being run out of town, and I want to know who.

read it when you are sober.

#52 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:27 AM

I just noticed...........  combined,  Dwill and Stewart are counting for just over $10M against this years cap.   Next year,  it will be close to $15M..   That is fracked up.   

I like that Hurney was able to find some good talent for us,  but dang,  I hate his inability to come up with contracts that didn't rely heavily on what a player "did" and not what they were going to do.

Not trying to detract from the thread.  Was just looking at..

http://www.spotrac.c...s/cap-hit/2015/

and it started making the old blood boil all over again.

#53 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:28 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

I really think Steve chose green over the black and blue. I can't imagine a scenario where the front office didn't approach him to take a pay cut or restructure. Everyone is blaming Gettleman but the way I see it Steve forced the organization's hand. Or called their bluff, at least. And Gettleman don't play.

#54 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,383 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:28 AM

Steve was great but that is all in the past. In my opinion last year was probably the first year that steve smith was not an impact guy. He looked very average. The strength of this team lies in the defense and cam. 

you could have stopped at the Defense. The strength of the offense will come when we get some weapons for Cam.He cannot do it by himself.

#55 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,652 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:31 AM

I really think Steve chose green over the black and blue. I can't imagine a scenario where the front office didn't approach him to take a pay cut or restructure. Everyone is blaming Gettleman but the way I see it Steve forced the organization's hand. Or called their bluff, at least. And Gettleman don't play.

This.

Smitty repeatedly said he wouldn't take a paycut.

#56 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,383 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:31 AM

We will have to wait to find out about that.I think it is reasonable to consider maybe he feels like he already did his part when he restructured before.

#57 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,215 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:33 AM

Vince Russo'ing the Panthers to move them to LA in 4 years. Wake up people. Thanks Obama.

#58 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,652 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:35 AM

We will have to wait to find out about that.I think it is reasonable to consider maybe he feels like he already did his part when he restructured before.

True, but 7 million for a 35 year old declining receiver likely didn't sit well with G-Man. He doesn't play favorites and he's just as stubborn as Smitty.

#59 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:35 AM

That's how I see it also.  I refuse to believe that Gman didn't ask 89 to take a pay cut.... granted, it would have probably been a significant pay cut..   and if that did happen and he refused,  then I don't blame him.    He is about to be 35....  his family is his life.    He is toward the end of his career and should try to get as much money as he can now,  while he can.   For himself and for his family.

If he gets cut,  he'll still get most of what the Panthers owe him this year PLUS whatever the new team is willing to pay him.  

#60 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

I'm going to miss this guy. His production can be replaced but the character and attitude he brought to the team cannot. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.