Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AP Steve Reed thinks Mitchell is gone at 4:01 PM.

89 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

SF interested also

Another good point, and it should be considered a HUGE compliment that a team that beat your ass in the playoffs and is about as close as you can get to winning a SB wants to sign him. 

Division champs to playoffs to REBUILDING #pantherway

Posted · Report post

Stupid penalties, poor in coverage, talks more than he plays. Godfrey is garbage, but it's not like Mitchell is some kind of world beater. If he can get paid elsewhere, go for it.

This is how fast fans will turn on you.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

both parties gambled on a 1 year deal. it paid offer for mitchell...i wish him luck if he leaves

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I am trying to take comfort that hopefully that GMan has a grand plan to fill all of these holes.  It would be ludacris to do all of this without one. 

Posted · Report post

I am trying to take comfort that hopefully that GMan has a grand plan to fill all of these holes.  It would be ludacris to do all of this without one. 

Well when Gettleman arrived he had less cap room and more holes to fill and he did a pretty good job, so, I'm still optimistic.  More upset about how the Steve Smith situation is unfolding than letting Mitchell walk.  He had a good year but was that just a product of a good defensive system around him?

Posted · Report post

He fucking better have a plan bro - it's what he's paid to do. We will see if his plan is to be aggressive or if it's to take the same approach from LY and sign a few bargain guys while the rest of the league and our division gets better. 

Stuff is starting to leak out about signing ...the only news I've heard about the panthers has been BAD news. 

Posted · Report post

Thank you Marty Hurney.

Posted · Report post

Not gonna get mad until it happens and then still won't be mad until I see the contract.  If the Redskins are willing to give him big money, then best of luck to him.  I like him, but we can't afford to give him big money.

Posted · Report post

Not gonna get mad until it happens and then still won't be mad until I see the contract.  If the Redskins are willing to give him big money, then best of luck to him.  I like him, but we can't afford to give him big money.

Yeah I gotcha - if some idiotic team (BIG SURPRISE ITS THE REDSKINS LOL) is going to throw an assload of money at him and overpay him...it sucks but we gotta understand that. Nothing we can do about it. Wish him the best and pray Godfrey comes back with a vengeance next year. 

Posted · Report post

I think Mitchell is better than what he was in Oakland BUT I think he isn't worth what people are going to pay for him for his play in Charlotte. He benefited from that front 7 more than anybody.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Mitchell isn't a better player than Godfrey.  However Mitchell cost us significantly less so imo if their is a choice then I would prefer Mitchell if cheaper.  If not I don't see a significant if any drop off when Godfrey comes in.  Godfrey hasn't really had chance to play with a front 7 this good before.  Be it Fox or Rivera the coaches seem to think highly of him.   If a cheaper alternative can be found then I'm cool with him being a cut.  If not I am cool with him starting (as long as he is recovered physically).  Especially since cut or not, if Mitchell is gone we have to have someone play the position.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Gettleman.  Another awesome move.

He's right, you do have to have sustained success in this league and know when it is time to move on from a player...  This is not one of those instances.  Absolutely not one of those instances.  IMHO, neither is letting Steve go.

Welp, here's to another year of watching Godfrey, this time possibly even worse due to recovering from an Achilles' injury, giving up huge passes over the top and falling off of guys after flailing tackles.

SOLID.

1 person likes this

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments