Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AP Steve Reed thinks Mitchell is gone at 4:01 PM.

89 posts in this topic

Posted

So are we going   

Matthews

Jimmie Ward

Moncrief 

for the first 3 picks?

Posted

If he signs for $3 million or under and we keep Godfrey I'm going to lose control of my bowels.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hate losing Mitchell as he brought an attitude to this defense.

I also believe his play, along with some other parties in our secondary was greatly, GREATLY aided by our front seven.

Posted

People that think this is just some minor deal...  LOL.  Wait and see.  It isn't because Keek magically came into his own as to why we had a sudden turnaround defensively when Godfrey went down.  It is not a coincidence.  Mitchell stepped in and provided abilities that no other safety on this roster provided.  Our defense is going to suffer greatly if he isn't retained or replaced by someone with a similar skill set, which is not easy to do...  It took us since Minter retired to even find him.

4 people like this

Posted

If he signs for $3 million or under and we keep Godfrey I'm going to lose control of my bowels.

Put on your depends.

Posted

Mitchell isn't a better player than Godfrey. 

Yeah, he is.  Of all the contracts Hurney handed out, IMO Godfrey's is the biggest head scratcher.  Hurney paid him like an elite safety when in reality he was always a below average starter.  It's not a coincidence that our defense improved when he went out.

1 person likes this

Posted

Mitchell is going to triple or quadruple his salary last year...I'm not that upset at him leaving. My opinion is that we will find out his play was boosted by an awesome front seven.

Posted

I almost hope some of these things happen just so I can continue watching some of you completely lose your minds. It is quite humorous.

3 people like this

Posted

People that think this is just some minor deal...  LOL.  Wait and see.  It isn't because Keek magically came into his own as to why we had a sudden turnaround defensively when Godfrey went down.  It is not a coincidence.  Mitchell stepped in and provided abilities that no other safety on this roster provided.  Our defense is going to suffer greatly if he isn't retained or replaced by someone with a similar skill set, which is not easy to do...  It took us since Minter retired to even find him.

He hurt his achilles batting a touchdown away in the endzone.  It wasn't Godfrey play that improved the defense.  It was the change in the cornerback positions.

Posted

Ditto. That guy is probably some old man who whines to his wife about NBA players shorts being too baggy.

Mitchell was a talker but he certainly backed it up this year.

He did back it up. On hits out of bounds.

Posted

Put on your depends.

Making sure to load up on Chipotle and be standing in the white linens section of my local Bed Bath & Beyond for the next 2 hours.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't know what games you were watching...

8 post rookie answer. Forgot about Godfrey moved to FS where he plays better to begin with.