Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AP Steve Reed thinks Mitchell is gone at 4:01 PM.

89 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm on the fence in regards to Mitchell but love the Panther version of the "prove-it" deal.

Normal teams: "You met/exceeded expectations and were a big part of our turnaround last year!"

Panthers: "fug you. Get out."

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I almost hope some of these things happen just so I can continue watching some of you completely lose your minds. It is quite humorous.

This... The belligerent unreadable posts will be funny to watch...

Posted · Report post

I'm on the fence in regards to Mitchell but love the Panther version of the "prove-it" deal.

Normal teams: "You met/exceeded expectations and were a big part of our turnaround last year!"

Panthers: "fug you. Get out."

lol. that post took the sting out of this happening.

lol.

Posted · Report post

Mitchell was far superior to Godfrey.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Mitchell was a very pleasant surprise for the Panthers.  He played well, made some mistakes, but over all had a good year for us.  If he wants to take a bunch of money from Washington, by all means.

Was he a revelation?  I don't think so.  Was he very good?  Yes.  Is he ultimately replaceable?  I think so.  Our D starts with the Front 7.  I think that we'll see that again next year that the our Front 7 will do enough to make whoever is playing safety for us look reasonably good.  I'd love to have Mitchell's leaderships and attitude back, because it helped to fire up the rest of the defense.  But at the same time, the Kracken is getting paid a large bucket of money..he needs to inspire the rest of the guys along with Johnson.

Posted · Report post

Aand the hits keep on coming...

Posted · Report post

i dont blame him one bit for leaving. 1 year contract and he balled out. cash in, short careers in the NFL.

just wish it didn't happen.

Posted · Report post

both parties gambled on a 1 year deal. it paid offer for mitchell...i wish him luck if he leaves

This. He drummed up a market for himself. He doesn't owe the Panthers anything other than "thanks for the opportunity". 

Posted · Report post

Yeah, he is.  Of all the contracts Hurney handed out, IMO Godfrey's is the biggest head scratcher.  Hurney paid him like an elite safety when in reality he was always a below average starter.  It's not a coincidence that our defense improved when he went out.

I have actually been watching his last game as soon as I read the thread mentioned Godfrey.   I am watching the game.   Godfrey is not the problem in the secondary.   It's the CB position.  Especially Josh Norman... OMG.   The bills are running hurry up and he is just dinking dunking to death.  He isn't throwing deep over Godfrey's head.  Godfrey isn't giving people a 10 yard cushion.  Godfrey isn't getting flagged for PI in critical situations.  Matter of fact, Godfrey is far and away the best secondary player on the field. He deflected 2 sure fire completions.   That's more than can be said about anyone else.

Posted · Report post

Heading for 4-12

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Not that I haven't been a reactionary fan before but I am finding a lot of humor in some of these posts. Jesus, if some of y'all approach everyday life with the same anxiety as you approach this team, you're going to live short, unhealthy lives.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Stupid penalties, poor in coverage, talks more than he plays. Godfrey is garbage, but it's not like Mitchell is some kind of world beater. If he can get paid elsewhere, go for it.

you are a freaking idiot, but i agree with you...we can draft someone with SWAG and that can that can hit people out of bounds a lot cheaper than we can pay MM