Photo
- - - - -

AP Steve Reed thinks Mitchell is gone at 4:01 PM.

Best Answer DelhommesTheMan, 11 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

We really have the worst beat writers, they cant even give us an inkling of whats going on,  National Beat writers, even Aaron Wilson have more Panther sources.  This is a common theme every year tho im done wasting my time on it...

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#16 Jimmy

Jimmy

Beer Me

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationOn A Mother F'ing Boat

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

I am trying to take comfort that hopefully that GMan has a grand plan to fill all of these holes.  It would be ludacris to do all of this without one. 

#17 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

I am trying to take comfort that hopefully that GMan has a grand plan to fill all of these holes.  It would be ludacris to do all of this without one. 

Well when Gettleman arrived he had less cap room and more holes to fill and he did a pretty good job, so, I'm still optimistic.  More upset about how the Steve Smith situation is unfolding than letting Mitchell walk.  He had a good year but was that just a product of a good defensive system around him?

#18 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,161 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

He fuging better have a plan bro - it's what he's paid to do. We will see if his plan is to be aggressive or if it's to take the same approach from LY and sign a few bargain guys while the rest of the league and our division gets better. 

Stuff is starting to leak out about signing ...the only news I've heard about the panthers has been BAD news. 

#19 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

Thank you Marty Hurney.

#20 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,775 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Not gonna get mad until it happens and then still won't be mad until I see the contract.  If the Redskins are willing to give him big money, then best of luck to him.  I like him, but we can't afford to give him big money.

#21 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,161 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

Not gonna get mad until it happens and then still won't be mad until I see the contract.  If the Redskins are willing to give him big money, then best of luck to him.  I like him, but we can't afford to give him big money.

Yeah I gotcha - if some idiotic team (BIG SURPRISE ITS THE REDSKINS LOL) is going to throw an assload of money at him and overpay him...it sucks but we gotta understand that. Nothing we can do about it. Wish him the best and pray Godfrey comes back with a vengeance next year. 

#22 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

I think Mitchell is better than what he was in Oakland BUT I think he isn't worth what people are going to pay for him for his play in Charlotte. He benefited from that front 7 more than anybody.

#23 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

Mitchell isn't a better player than Godfrey.  However Mitchell cost us significantly less so imo if their is a choice then I would prefer Mitchell if cheaper.  If not I don't see a significant if any drop off when Godfrey comes in.  Godfrey hasn't really had chance to play with a front 7 this good before.  Be it Fox or Rivera the coaches seem to think highly of him.   If a cheaper alternative can be found then I'm cool with him being a cut.  If not I am cool with him starting (as long as he is recovered physically).  Especially since cut or not, if Mitchell is gone we have to have someone play the position.

#24 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

Thanks Gettleman.  Another awesome move.

He's right, you do have to have sustained success in this league and know when it is time to move on from a player...  This is not one of those instances.  Absolutely not one of those instances.  IMHO, neither is letting Steve go.

Welp, here's to another year of watching Godfrey, this time possibly even worse due to recovering from an Achilles' injury, giving up huge passes over the top and falling off of guys after flailing tackles.

SOLID.

#25 ajax4132

ajax4132

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

So are we going   

Matthews

Jimmie Ward

Moncrief 

for the first 3 picks?

#26 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

If he signs for $3 million or under and we keep Godfrey I'm going to lose control of my bowels.

#27 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hate losing Mitchell as he brought an attitude to this defense.

I also believe his play, along with some other parties in our secondary was greatly, GREATLY aided by our front seven.

#28 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

People that think this is just some minor deal...  LOL.  Wait and see.  It isn't because Keek magically came into his own as to why we had a sudden turnaround defensively when Godfrey went down.  It is not a coincidence.  Mitchell stepped in and provided abilities that no other safety on this roster provided.  Our defense is going to suffer greatly if he isn't retained or replaced by someone with a similar skill set, which is not easy to do...  It took us since Minter retired to even find him.

#29 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

If he signs for $3 million or under and we keep Godfrey I'm going to lose control of my bowels.

Put on your depends.

#30 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,775 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

Mitchell isn't a better player than Godfrey. 

Yeah, he is.  Of all the contracts Hurney handed out, IMO Godfrey's is the biggest head scratcher.  Hurney paid him like an elite safety when in reality he was always a below average starter.  It's not a coincidence that our defense improved when he went out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com