Photo
- - - - -

AP Steve Reed thinks Mitchell is gone at 4:01 PM.

Best Answer DelhommesTheMan, 11 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

We really have the worst beat writers, they cant even give us an inkling of whats going on,  National Beat writers, even Aaron Wilson have more Panther sources.  This is a common theme every year tho im done wasting my time on it...

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#31 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

Mitchell is going to triple or quadruple his salary last year...I'm not that upset at him leaving. My opinion is that we will find out his play was boosted by an awesome front seven.

#32 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,006 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

I almost hope some of these things happen just so I can continue watching some of you completely lose your minds. It is quite humorous.

#33 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

People that think this is just some minor deal...  LOL.  Wait and see.  It isn't because Keek magically came into his own as to why we had a sudden turnaround defensively when Godfrey went down.  It is not a coincidence.  Mitchell stepped in and provided abilities that no other safety on this roster provided.  Our defense is going to suffer greatly if he isn't retained or replaced by someone with a similar skill set, which is not easy to do...  It took us since Minter retired to even find him.

He hurt his achilles batting a touchdown away in the endzone.  It wasn't Godfrey play that improved the defense.  It was the change in the cornerback positions.

#34 rhyslloyd

rhyslloyd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

Ditto. That guy is probably some old man who whines to his wife about NBA players shorts being too baggy.

Mitchell was a talker but he certainly backed it up this year.

He did back it up. On hits out of bounds.

#35 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,043 posts

Put on your depends.

Making sure to load up on Chipotle and be standing in the white linens section of my local Bed Bath & Beyond for the next 2 hours.

#36 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Don't know what games you were watching...

8 post rookie answer. Forgot about Godfrey moved to FS where he plays better to begin with.

#37 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

I'm on the fence in regards to Mitchell but love the Panther version of the "prove-it" deal.

Normal teams: "You met/exceeded expectations and were a big part of our turnaround last year!"

Panthers: "fug you. Get out."

#38 Kuechly59

Kuechly59

Bow before GETTLEMAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

I almost hope some of these things happen just so I can continue watching some of you completely lose your minds. It is quite humorous.

This... The belligerent unreadable posts will be funny to watch...

#39 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,772 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

I'm on the fence in regards to Mitchell but love the Panther version of the "prove-it" deal.

Normal teams: "You met/exceeded expectations and were a big part of our turnaround last year!"

Panthers: "fug you. Get out."

lol. that post took the sting out of this happening.

lol.

#40 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,400 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

Mitchell was far superior to Godfrey.

#41 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

Mitchell was a very pleasant surprise for the Panthers.  He played well, made some mistakes, but over all had a good year for us.  If he wants to take a bunch of money from Washington, by all means.

Was he a revelation?  I don't think so.  Was he very good?  Yes.  Is he ultimately replaceable?  I think so.  Our D starts with the Front 7.  I think that we'll see that again next year that the our Front 7 will do enough to make whoever is playing safety for us look reasonably good.  I'd love to have Mitchell's leaderships and attitude back, because it helped to fire up the rest of the defense.  But at the same time, the Kracken is getting paid a large bucket of money..he needs to inspire the rest of the guys along with Johnson.

#42 lola

lola

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

Aand the hits keep on coming...

#43 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,772 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

i dont blame him one bit for leaving. 1 year contract and he balled out. cash in, short careers in the NFL.

just wish it didn't happen.

#44 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

both parties gambled on a 1 year deal. it paid offer for mitchell...i wish him luck if he leaves

This. He drummed up a market for himself. He doesn't owe the Panthers anything other than "thanks for the opportunity". 

#45 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,137 posts

Yeah, he is.  Of all the contracts Hurney handed out, IMO Godfrey's is the biggest head scratcher.  Hurney paid him like an elite safety when in reality he was always a below average starter.  It's not a coincidence that our defense improved when he went out.

I have actually been watching his last game as soon as I read the thread mentioned Godfrey.   I am watching the game.   Godfrey is not the problem in the secondary.   It's the CB position.  Especially Josh Norman... OMG.   The bills are running hurry up and he is just dinking dunking to death.  He isn't throwing deep over Godfrey's head.  Godfrey isn't giving people a 10 yard cushion.  Godfrey isn't getting flagged for PI in critical situations.  Matter of fact, Godfrey is far and away the best secondary player on the field. He deflected 2 sure fire completions.   That's more than can be said about anyone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.