Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smith Perspective: A Voth-man prophecy

115 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Haven't read, but pie for the thread title alone.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

yeah, funny how 90 percent of this forum was "Trust in Getty" 2 weeks ago

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Fug him.

Posted · Report post

I can tell you Marvin McNutt and Tavares King won’t be the only receivers. I can tell you Byron Bell won’t likely be protecting Cam Newton’s blindside. I can tell you Dave Gettleman had a lot less money and almost as many headaches last year at this time before he helped the Panthers get back to the playoffs.

This exactly.  

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Fug him.

You are exactly his point...
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

yeah, funny how 90 percent of this forum was "Trust in Getty" 2 weeks ago

I'm not pissed that Steve Smith is getting cut, it's just how it all went down.  Gettleman could have just said "Steve has had a great career here in Carolina but the time has come to move on." and we would have been upset but at least he was a man and came out and said it.  Now he's just dangling him for trade bait and Steve had to hear his time in Carolina was probably up through social media.  The best player in Panthers history deserves better than that yankee garbage.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Voth is right.  I mean he is just saying the exact same thing that most level headed people on here are saying.

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

You are exactly his point...

Sarcasm meter must be broken.

Posted · Report post

I'm not pissed that Steve Smith is getting cut, it's just how it all went down.  Gettleman could have just said "Steve has had a great career here in Carolina but the time has come to move on." and we would have been upset but at least he was a man and came out and said it.  Now he's just dangling him for trade bait and Steve had to hear his time in Carolina was probably up through social media.  The best player in Panthers history deserves better than that yankee garbage.

that's a fair point.  Still, in the end, the right thing is being done, and Getty is still on his learning curve,

Posted · Report post

Sarcasm meter must be broken.

Lol sorry it's one of his first articles I have like by him so.. Couldn't tell

Posted · Report post

The same people who are saying they will not be going to anymore games will be right back on the bandwagon if we reload and keep winning. Get a grip...nothing ever stays the same.

Posted · Report post

Hold.....Hold.....Hold....(in best Braveheat voice)

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Really though, this whole thing could have been done with a little more class. That's what bothers most people.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

People just need to chill out. All these idiots on social networks and radio saying they are never going to a Panther game again are fuging morons.

yes.

Posted · Report post

that's a fair point.  Still, in the end, the right thing is being done, and Getty is still on his learning curve,

Learning curve? WTF. DG ain't in no learning curve. The guy has been in the GM and scouting department for many many years. The guy knows what he is doing. The guy has help to build 6 SB winning teams. Including the Giants. The guy ain't learning. He knows  what he is doing from the start. Just some fans are over reacting and not giving DG time to do his work. FA ain't even started and everyone is thinking the sky is falling. People need to chill and let DG do his job and see how every thing pans out.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

And if it turns out we're just wasting another year and taking pieces away from our franchise QB instead of trying to help him?

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I think he is on the money, except for the part where he toots his own horn about his insights--he never said much more than what we already knew.

Posted · Report post

Bill Polian even said today that the GMs already have their #1 guys they are going after in FA and #2's if the #1s dont work out... this has been going on since the combine.

Posted · Report post

Learning curve? WTF. DG ain't in no learning curve. The guy has been in the GM and scouting department for many many years. The guy knows what he is doing. The guy has help to build 6 SB winning teams. Including the Giants. The guy ain't learning. He knows  what he is doing from the start. Just some fans are over reacting and not giving DG time to do his work. FA ain't even started and everyone is thinking the sky is falling. People need to chill and let DG do his job and see how every thing pans out.

He has been the one making the decisions for exactly one year.  The job requires more than building the team.  I was referring to the awkward way he handled the Smitty situation.  He needs to learn how to be more sensitive to the feelings of players and fans.  I think he will.  A first time GM, like a first time anything, is absolutely on a learning curve.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Bill is probably the one guy I read the most on Twitter... he knows his shit and is reasonable.

I don't like it, but in the end, what's going on is probably best for the team.

Posted · Report post

And if it turns out we're just wasting another year and taking pieces away from our franchise QB instead of trying to help him?

I have a hard time believing Gettleman is doing this. He made a PR mistake, that is all.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I have a hard time believing Gettleman is doing this. He made a PR mistake, that is all.

Agree. The way it has been handled is my biggest beef.

Posted · Report post

you can't begin to make that assessment in March!