Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The media's constant attempt at trying to steer free-agents to sign and team up with "certain" qb's

27 posts in this topic

Posted

this has been an unusual free-agency

seems like 90% of the best free-agents have joined 4 teams... gee i wonder what those 4 teams have in common... lol

decker kinda broke the mold and left for the jets... but he only took the highest offer available

Posted

Nicks bought into the media hype.

Posted

this has been an unusual free-agency

seems like 90% of the best free-agents have joined 4 teams... gee i wonder what those 4 teams have in common... lol

decker kinda broke the mold and left for the jets... but he only took the highest offer available

No one is holding those FAs at knife point to sign with any particular team. You're talking about how players are being encouraged to sign with 'certain' team with a particular QB, what you should talk about is how the 'brothers', as you might call them, never engage in any act of solidarity among themselves. If what you're talking about was important to them I am sure to show their solidarity to the 'cause'. Top FAs would take pay cuts to go play with minority QBs. Similar to John Thomson with the Hoyas in the 80s. Maybe the cause you're alluding to is not that important to them and this modern society. Maybe the fact that majority of players in the league being minorities is more a 'victory ' to them than a QB throwing for, say, 5000 yards. Those stats and SBs will all soon be a mirage in the long term but the face of the league will probably still stay the same, with maybe some minor changes. I don't think you see the bigger picture.