Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jimmy

Mitchell to the Steelers

155 posts in this topic

The good news is Nakamura is just a phone call away

Ahhhhhh gooood one!!!!

Heart and soul if the defense? BwHahahaha

I wanna see you come back in here and say hello about 5 ges into the season once you realized how f'n stupid a statement that was.

I know I'm late to the party here, but this franchise will regret this decision for a long time coming. You can not replace that man's heart and soul and vocal leadership. He loved everything about this team!

People wonder why we haven't win a championship yet? This right here is why! It has more to do with letting good character guys leave time and time again, because they don't want to pay them. I could list them, but most here understand what I mean.

Carolina will always suffer due to the most idiotic personnel moves. I'd rather not start the never ending list. I believed in Gettleman, but now I'm not so sure. You don't let that kind of guy walk! We'll build through the draft, as we always have, continue to stay young, I get that this is where the League is headed. It's pretty obvious after today.

I do not agree with this though. This is horrible. Very disappointed

A stop gap for us signed somewhere else?

Am happy for the guy.

WTF?

Heart and Soul? Bargain of a deal?

He was a role player and a nice find by Gman, we'll find another. He laid some nice hits and played the intimidator role but he also whiffed alot and was dodgy in coverage.

Yes. That's what I said. And it's my opinion. And I think it's awfully dumb to write him off as some scrub who got lucky here for one year. Again, he is getting paid because he earned it and showed he deserved it with outstanding play. Yes, he was the heart and soul of our smashmouth defense, along with Hardy - they set the tone with their talk and backing it up with their play. You are severely diminishing his impact on our team. Again, watch how our defense played the first three weeks and then how they played after. He created turnovers and intimidated opponents with huge hits. He was explosive and athletic. I keep mentioning Minter, but he actually is an even better athlete than Minter was and has better range/ballhawking skills.

We gave him the chance and put him in the position to demonstrate his abilities... now someone else reaps the benefits. The Steelers scouting department does an outstanding job in bringing in talent and consistently being competitive... we have not. I trust they know what they're doing when they sign a guy to start for 5 years. We dropped the ball. This past season wasn't a fluke, it was the first time a coaching staff believed in him and gave him the opportunity to play, and then we just let him go...

1 person likes this

LOL too much money for us or anyone to pay...that's called a day 1 overpay right there.

Now we have to address Godfrey's god awful contract or the Panthers look even dumber than that.

Yes. That's what I said. And it's my opinion. And I think it's awfully dumb to write him off as some scrub who got lucky here for one year. Again, he is getting paid because he earned it and showed he deserved it with outstanding play. Yes, he was the heart and soul of our smashmouth defense, along with Hardy - they set the tone with theif talk and backing it up with their play. You are severely diminishing his impact on our team. Again, watch how our defense played the first three weeks and then how they played after. He created turnovers and intimidated opponents with huge hits. He was explosive and athletic. I keep mentioning Minter, but he actually is an even better athlete thsn Minter was and has better range/ballhawking skills.

We gave him the chance and put him in the position to demonstrate his abilities... now someone else reaps the benefits. The Steelers scouting department does an outstanding job in bringing in talent and consistently being competitive... we have not. I trust they know what they're doing when they sign a guy to start for 5 years. We dropped the ball. This past season wasn't a fluke, it was the first time a coaching staff believed in him and gave him the opportunity to play, and then we just let him go...

I'm with you but I think sacrificing this will be better for the overall team.

We'll see though

Hey it happens when yo make one year deals.I will miss Mitchell and his feistiness but hopefully G Man can find another bargain out there somewhere.

Heart and soul if the defense? BwHahahaha

I wanna see you come back in here and say hello about 5 ges into the season once you realized how f'n stupid a statement that was.

We'll see when Godfrey bites on a play action fake and gives up an 85 yard TD again... or when he goes to lay the wood (in his case wet plywood) on an opponent and slides off of them like they're covered in grease on the way to a TD.

Ya'll minimize what he did to make yourselves feel better about it. Luke isn't gonna go out there and talk smack and then knock someone unconscious. He was a vocal leader and had a great all-around game.

I also keep seeing comparisons to McCree... lol... another cop out. McCree was past 30 IIRC, when he signed with us and was a career journeyman. Mitchell is still in his prime by quite a bit, and only played for a dysfunctional Raiders organizationwho didn't use him prior to signing here. So, my opinion is he is exactly the player we saw last season, not the underused player with the Raiders.

So yuk it up. You won't be laughing if Godfrey, or any rookie we find, is starting back there come September. It's easier to keep impact players in your franchise once you find them versus developing or discovering them and then let them walk out the door after a year believing they will easily be replaced. There is also something to be said for continuity within a starting unit ofthe top scoring defense in the league.

A secondary consisting of Lester + Dockery + White + whoever is still good enough for a top 5 D with our front 7

1 person likes this

Godfrey will only be here if we can't find another band aid who can't play behind an all-time great front 7.

I we can't find that then there is always the draft, which is pretty deep at the DB positions.

Seriously, there isn't a DB in the league that wouldn't want to come in here and develop with an all-star cast.

You didn't even know who Mitchell was b4 we picked him up and probably wrote him off before the season got going anyway.

So just keep your criticisms at a minimum until you actually see what a guy can do behind are beast pass rushers.

1 person likes this