Photo
- - - - -

Mitchell to the Steelers

Best Answer Murph, 11 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

5 years $25 Million per Adam Shefter

He needs to take the Panther's DL & LBs out for a huge steak dinner. They earned a piece of that for him.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#151 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,890 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

Big mistake. Man, this is a HUGE mistake.

The Steelers don't spend recklessly, especially on defense... they know what they're doing and they just signed our starter (and IMO, the heart and soul of our defense) to be their starter for the next 5 years on a bargain of a deal.

Indeed. Luke and TD and CJ and Kraken were just worshippers at The Altar of The Great Mike Mitchell.

NAILED IT. lol

#152 Camsfanclub

Camsfanclub

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

Indeed. Luke and TD and CJ and Kraken were just worshippers at The Altar of The Great Mike Mitchell.

NAILED IT. lol

Yea a guy who was garbage for his entire career until he got to look good behind the best front 7 in the league. He could never carry a team. Role player/leader nothing more.

#153 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,427 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

NAILED IT. lol

Who was the most vocal player kn our defense? It was between Kraken and Mitchell.

Who probably had the most "vicious hits" and brought that intimidation factor? Again, i'd say it is between Kraken and Mitchell.

You don't have to agree with me, that's fine... he's gone and it's done with. But, i'm not budging from my stance that it was a mistake to let him go, and unless we hit the lotto and find a comparable replacement, we'll find out next season.

#154 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,890 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

Who was the most vocal player kn our defense? It was between Kraken and Mitchell.

Who probably had the most "vicious hits" and brought that intimidation factor? Again, i'd say it is between Kraken and Mitchell.

You don't have to agree with me, that's fine... he's gone and it's done with. But, i'm not budging from my stance that it was a mistake to let him go, and unless we hit the lotto and find a comparable replacement, we'll find out next season.

Trash talking =/= leadership

Big hits =/= leadership

Yeah, we're likely to miss his play, I don't disagree with you there.

But "heart and soul" of the defense? With players like TD in front of him? And Luke? Laughable!

#155 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,427 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

Trash talking =/= leadership

Big hits =/= leadership

Yeah, we're likely to miss his play, I don't disagree with you there.

But "heart and soul" of the defense? With players like TD in front of him? And Luke? Laughable!

Oops, I admit I completely overlooked TD... he provides a lot of the same traits and his heart is unquestionable.

But, I still stand firm in what I've said about Mitchell. No, those things don't equate to leadership alone, but they are tangible things that us as fans can see. My point is, he provided so many intangible things that can't be quantified. Again, if he isnt replaced with a similar player, which will be hard to do, we will see how bad of a move it was to let him go. He wasn't some guy who lucked out, he is a really, really good player that fit into an ideal role and situation for him and us.

#156 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,539 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

We play the Steelers this coming season. Bwahahah

Can't wait to see Smith burn him on a deep route...wait

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com