• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

I don't get how all these teams have money to make FA splashes every year. Yet, the Panthers never sign anyone of notable significance but are always cap strapped. Mind blowing.

#62 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,114 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

You idiots were saying the same thing last offseason

You, of all people, shouldn't be allowed to throw around the word "idiot".

Tomorrow is a new day - but as of 10:01 PM and I get ready to call it a night.....this has not been a very good day for the Panthers organization or their fans. Dollar Tree Dave most def took one on the chin today.

#63 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,114 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

I don't get how all these teams have money to make FA splashes every year. Yet, the Panthers never sign anyone of notable significance but are always cap strapped. Mind blowing.

Hardy was our FA signing this year. Dumpster diving from dollar tree Dave from here on out.

#64 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,171 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:07 PM

We haven't even had the draft yet, lol.

Exactly.

Now, imagine Watkins or Mack for TB

#65 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

Exactly.

Now, imagine Watkins or Mack for TB

The fact that Tampa Bay is improving should come as a shock to no one here. The Lovie Smith hire told us what we were in store for, they had plenty of talent to begin with.

#66 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Remember when Tampa spent alot of money a couple years ago and made the playoffs? Yeah me neither

#67 CelticCat

CelticCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Its all relative.

We kept a 15 sack DE, Tampa signed a 3.5 sack DE, ATL signed one with 4.

Tampa signed Verner but are going to cut Revis, i'll take that trade.

We still technically have Smitty, there is still hope for those out there.

#68 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

Damn that's a lot of money. Bill Polian said earlier this week on ESPN that whoever paid any FA safety "corner money" was making a big mistake. 

#69 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,537 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

keep saying the same thing. the cap can be manipulated to however you want it to, and you can make room for whoever you want. every year, team after team shows this, but yet still the panthers just sit back and wait. the other signings didnt bother me, but this one does. the saints had less money ava. then the panthers but was yet to get a huge signing in Byrd.

#70 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

keep saying the same thing. the cap can be manipulated to however you want it to, and you can make room for whoever you want. every year, team after team shows this, but yet still the panthers just sit back and wait. the other signings didnt bother me, but this one does. the saints had less money ava. then the panthers but was yet to get a huge signing in Byrd.

You do realize that they signed Byrd knowing that they are mortgaging their future because Brees only has a couple of seasons left in him right? The Panthers aren't in the same situation as the Saints. IF they are going to win, they HAVE to win now.

#71 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,400 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

You idiots were saying the same thing last offseason

More needs to fill this year.

#72 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

Lol people run to this defense every year and it never happens.

It's happening to us right now.

#73 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,537 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

You do realize that they signed Byrd knowing that they are mortgaging their future because Brees only has a couple of seasons left in him right? The Panthers aren't in the same situation as the Saints. IF they are going to win, they HAVE to win now.

so i guess every other team is mortgaging their future as well? Byrd is a stud FS, that just got paid by a team that had less money then the panthers. the panthers have been screaming we are cap strapped and rebuilding since 2010. that bs line is beyond old. again, you can manipulate the cap to how you want it. the panthers just choose not to.

#74 MV%doe

MV%doe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

ouch greaat move for the iants. same for the yucs

#75 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

so i guess every other team is mortgaging their future as well? Byrd is a stud FS, that just got paid by a team that had less money then the panthers. the panthers have been screaming we are cap strapped and rebuilding since 2010. that bs line is beyond old. again, you can manipulate the cap to how you want it. the panthers just choose not to.

Every other team? The Saints had little-to-no money to spend and then went out and bought a 54 million dollar safety to further complicate their issues. What other team did that? 

We HAVE been manipulating the cap man. How else do you think we are under it? Hurney really screwed this team by handing out so many big contracts in a short period of time. We would never get out of this situation if we didn't learn from our mistakes. Chill out. Free agency has just started, moves still have to be made, and the draft is yet to be had.

Everyone on this board seems to be having a meltdown like a 5-year old in Toys-R-Us that was told he can't get anything right after they see another kid's mommy buying that kid a new toy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com