Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 25 Paid WRs 2014

65 posts in this topic

Posted

If he stays it's 7 this coming season, 9 in 2015 and 12 in 2016 without redoing it. 4 million is base but there is another 3 that kicks in on July 1.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Those are all base salary deals.....so...none of those number included bonuses.

Posted

Brandon Marshall?

Victor Cruz?

Harvin, desean Jackson, Mike Wallace....

We are not talking about 2011 Steve Smith.

Both jacksons?

Posted

Marshall for sure. I'd rather have smith than Colston. Trying to take the homer goggles off, I only see like 6 or 7 i'd rather have.

We should have out bid Chicago for Marshall when he was with the Dolphins; that is the kind of WR we need for Cam.

Posted

Both jacksons?

Yea I edited to show that too.

To be honest, OP makes the opposite point he is going for pretty darn well.

1 person likes this

Posted

Marshall for sure. I'd rather have smith than Colston. Trying to take the homer goggles off, I only see like 6 or 7 i'd rather have.

We should have out bid Chicago for Marshall when he was with the Dolphins; that is the kind of WR we need for Cam.

Agree. Love some Brandon Marshall.

Posted

1 dolphins.png Mike WallaceatWide Receiver $15,000,000 2 hawks3.png Percy HarvinatWide Receiver $11,000,000 3 eagles1.png DeSean JacksonatWide Receiver $10,500,000 4 tampa1.png Vincent JacksonatWide Receiver $10,000,000   houston.png Andre JohnsonatWide Receiver $10,000,000 6 chicago.png Brandon MarshallatWide Receiver $9,100,000 7 kansascity.png Dwayne BoweatWide Receiver $8,750,000 8 washington.png Pierre GarconatWide Receiver $7,100,000 9 neworleans.png Marques ColstonatWide Receiver $5,500,000 10 atlanta.png Roddy WhiteatWide Receiver $5,000,000   detroit.png Calvin JohnsonatWide Receiver $5,000,000 12 vikings.png Greg JenningsatWide Receiver $4,900,000 13 tennessee.png Nate WashingtonatWide Receiver $4,800,000 14 dolphins.png Brian HartlineatWide Receiver $4,785,000 15 panthers.png Steve SmithatWide Receiver $4,000,000   indianapolis.png Reggie WayneatWide Receiver $4,000,000 17 nygiants.png Victor CruzatWide Receiver $3,999,000 18 buffalo.png Stevie JohnsonatWide Receiver $3,650,000 19 49ers1.png Michael CrabtreeatWide Receiver $3,500,000 20 denver.png Demaryius ThomasatWide Receiver $3,275,000 21 cincinnati.png A.J. GreenatWide Receiver $3,059,739 22 greenbay.png Jordy NelsonatWide Receiver $3,050,000 23 denver.png Wes WelkeratWide Receiver $3,000,000   patriots.png Danny AmendolaatWide Receiver $3,000,000 25 chargers2.png Malcom FloydatWide Receiver $2,750,000   atlanta.png Harry DouglasatWide Receiver

I only see 5 that I would take over Smith.  Explain to me how he is over paid again??

I will take these WRs as an upgrade over Steve Smith right now. not in any specific order

1. Vincent Jackson
  2. Andre Johnson
  3. Brandon Marshal 
  4. Dwayne Bowe
  5. Marques Colston
  6. Roddy white 
  7. A.J green
  8. Jordy Nelson
  9. Demarius Thomas
  10. Calvin Johnson 
  11. Regie Wayne 
  12. greg Jennings 
1 person likes this

Posted

Brandon Marshall?

Victor Cruz?

Harvin, desean Jackson, V Jack, Mike Wallace....

We are not talking about 2011 Steve Smith.

Marshall would have made the list, but I had the displeasure of watching him flounder in Miami for a couple years.  Cutler and Marshall are good together, but Marshall doesn't always play well with others.

Cruz...no.

Harvin...NO

Jackson maybe

V. Jack two years ago but not now.

Wallace maybe but I don't see him as a possession WR.  He makes huge plays but the not the plays SS makes, plus I would never pay a WR that kind of money unless he was Calvin Johnson and only Calvin Johnson.

Posted

Those are all base salary deals.....so...none of those number included bonuses.

Yes, so? You're saying that we should pay him 7 mil next year.. 9 mil in 2015 and 12 in 2016 to be a slot receiver and cheerleader? That's what I keep hearing.

Posted

I will take these WRs as an upgrade over Steve Smith right now. not in any specific order

1. Vincent Jackson
  2. Andre Johnson
  3. Brandon Marshal 
  4. Dwayne Bowe
  5. Marques Colston
  6. Roddy white 
  7. A.J green
  8. Jordy Nelson
  9. Demarius Thomas
  10. Calvin Johnson 
  11. Regie Wayne 
  12. greg Jennings 

Well then you don't understand Gettleman.  He will not.  He will find players that are cap friendly.  I doubt he would pay any of those players the Salary they are making except the ones I listed.

Posted

Put it in list format, then add each of their stats as well - Rec, Yds, and TDs over the last 3 seasons.  Just surface level stats.  Then add one more number - age.

Steve is my favorite player of all time.  He is, without question, my favorite player to watch.  That being said, I currently count 18 guys on that list that I'd replace him with.  That may actually rise based on what their performance output over the last three years tells me.

The business aspect of all of this dramatic situation makes perfect sense.  Why pay a guy $7M when he is worth $2M in output?  You're welcome to argue my valuation, but that's simply my opinion.  You won't have any luck changing it.  If he was 25, my opinion would be different.  Unfortunately, he is not. 

2 people like this

Posted

Yes, so? You're saying that we should pay him 7 mil next year.. 9 mil in 2015 and 12 in 2016 to be a slot receiver and cheerleader? That's what I keep hearing.

I'm saying we let SS play in 2014 and either restructure or cut him in 2015 depending on his production.  Hopefully Gettleman will get Benjamin and another rookie in here along with a Ginn type WR to compliment SS and allow the Panthers to be competitive next season.  

You guys can not really believe that Cam can win with a brand new OL and all new WRs.  Do you??

Posted

Of the people under Smitty, I would definitely take AJ Green, possibly Demaryius, possibly Jordy. The only one for sure though that I'd take over smith is AJ Green.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app