#46 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

Cmon Gettleman. At least make something up if that's all you got. The dudes been here 13 years and took us to a Superbowl, he can't be that bad of a distraction.

#47 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

Hardy just has a screw or two loose...Smith has a chip on his shoulder....different type of distraction.

#48 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

Gman is taking a page out of Reese's playbook when Giants cleared out Shockey/Barber voices so Manning had a clearer path to leadership. It seemed to work there.

Barber just retired, but good point with shockey

#49 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

Well, "distraction" doesn't necessarily mean "asshole". The distraction could come from Smitty jumping in when someone else is trying to talk to/explain something to Cam... Or anyone else for that matter.

Also, this story seems to have originated with Person... Just sayin...

Gotcha. Thanks, for being mature, man.

#50 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,549 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

From The Charlotte Observer's Joseph Person: "Sources say (general manager Dave) Gettleman views Smith as a distraction and is ready to turn the locker room over to emerging stars such as quarterback Cam Newton and middle linebacker Luke Kuechly. Smith's fiery personality has made him a fan favorite, but can grate on teammates and coaches."

http://www.nfl.com/n...ion-by-panthers

he is the best blocker Cam has.

#51 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

Gettleman is ruthless.

#52 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

I just hope Gettleman and Co. have some anecdotes and other relatable stories to talk to the team about so they don't always think they are on the chopping block and don't feel like they have a place to call home.. And before one of you idiots think I'm criticizing the way gettleman isn't paying loyalty over performance, I'm talking about having a welcoming team atmosphere, not a prison league team feel.

#53 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,756 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

I just hope Gettleman and Co. have some anecdotes and other relatable stories to talk to the team about so they don't always think they are on the chopping block and don't feel like they have a place to call home.. And before one of you idiots think I'm criticizing the way gettleman isn't paying loyalty over performance, I'm talking about having a welcoming team atmosphere, not a prison league team feel.

wtf

I hope they all play like they are on the chopping block

#54 pepaw

pepaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

But...but Hakeem will try hard for us!

#55 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

Can we just cut Smitty already? Get it over with already, no one is going to trade for him.

#56 TheNewStandard

TheNewStandard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

I've had major disdain for just about every boss I've ever had.

Every body hates their boss, man...but when you have to ride bitch to a fellow employee who's been around linger than me, now that's where I draw the line.

#57 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,549 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

But...but Hakeem will try hard for us!

I think he will.

#58 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,714 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Whiny fans.

Gman taking one for the team.

Looks like the coaches and players are not exactly coming out on twitter or whatever saying, "what is going on"?

Article states and other tweets have stated that this is being done for Cam and others.  Rivera made the same type statement that Gman made while he was in Indy.

Give it up on the Gman hate, you guys look like jr high kids.  Sheesh.  The sell other jerseys, buy one!

Just think how you'd feel next year this time if Smith got even slower and maybe got 450 yds and 2 TD's and hampered the teams ability to sign Cam.

You guys would be equally critical the Gman did not get rid of Smith when he had the chance and now we can't sign Cam.  You guys whine at everything

#59 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,756 posts

Can we just cut Smitty already? Get it over with already, no one is going to trade for him.

Cap space. Stop being selfish.

YOu'll find out your new team soon enough

#60 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,126 posts
  • Location910

I do have a problem with all the chirping and news coming out of this FO.

If you're letting him go then let that be all the media knows. No need to kick and pick at Smitty on the way out.

Agreed. They need to shut their damn mouth and get it over with. No need to kick him in the ass on the way out the door.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com