Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There can be no doubt: Gettleman is in charge

51 posts in this topic

Posted

Over the last few days I've heard people suggest there was no way Jerry Richardson would ever allow the team to cut Steve Smith.  A few numbnuts even suggested that Smith had more power to dictate what happened than Gettleman did.

Those theories are pretty much out the window now.

Whatever else happens, there can now be no doubt that this is Dave Gettleman's roster to shape and tweak as he pleases (within the limits of the salary cap mess left to him by Marty Hurney).

Gettleman is in charge.

Posted

As it should be. A boss is not a boss if they have no power over decisions (be they good or bad)

2 people like this

Posted

did anyone think differently?

Posted

Good. Maybe we can start having successful season now. Marty era is over.

Posted

I just hate it takes years to get out of this mess. The Panthers have to be one of the most cash strapped under talented teams in the league.

Posted

Over the last few days I've heard people suggest there was no way Jerry Richardson would ever allow the team to cut Steve Smith.  A few numbnuts even suggested that Smith had more power to dictate what happened than Gettleman did.

Those theories are pretty much out the window now.

Whatever else happens, there can now be no doubt that this is Dave Gettleman's roster to shape and tweak as he pleases (within the limits of the salary cap mess left to him by Marty Hurney).

Gettleman is in charge.

Buford Pusser.

Posted

Good. Maybe we can start having successful season now. Marty era is over.

after the rbs

Posted

I just hate it takes years to get out of this mess. The Panthers have to be one of the most cash strapped under talented teams in the league.

lol. no

3 people like this

Posted

He is going to make mistakes along the way but everything Gettleman has done so far in his short tenure here has been golden from what I can tell. I expect this move to be no different.  Lots of emotionally brought on "player > team" mentality around here recently. One step back to take two steps forwward.

2 people like this

Posted

did anyone think differently?

Look back at some of t he recent Steve Smith threads.

Posted

lol. no

Cash strapped and under talented? Please name me one?  Now there are a bunch of teams that have Money and no talent.