Photo
- - - - -

So... It turns out you can't poo all over respected veterans and find comparable replacements after all...

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#121 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

Hillarious how you say he's not proven, but went on and on about how much trouble we are in and how much we will regret letting Mike Mitchell go. The same guy he found and gave a 1 year deal to when no one wanted him. 

Apparently no one bothered to watch Mike Mitchell's presser. Basically he had nothing but good things to say about the Panthers (yeah, expected that) and thanked them for giving him the chance to prove himself and what he could do. The guy probably had no intention of staying a Panther this year. In fact, he stated that last year the Panthers asked him to sign a multi-year contract and he declined, wanting only a 1 year contract.

After playing his first four NFL seasons with the Oakland Raiders, Mitchell took a chance and signed a one-year deal with the Carolina Panthers, as he was “banking on myself” to make the most of it and hopefully turn it into something bigger.

http://www.steelers....62-e002317745e0

And apparently Panthers fans could've done better too. lol

Mitchell has only been a member of the Steelers for two days now, but said he has already gained over 10,000 followers on his Twitter account (@MikeMitchell34) and it’s likely that number will keep growing.

Suggest watching both videos. In the 'LIVE: Special Guest' video he talks a lot about last year with the Panthers. I believe he did some growing up while here too.

Those short contracts may not all have been Gettlemen's idea. This points out how young players and their agents are viewing 1 year contracts these days. They are taking a chance on themselves and it worked out well for the likes of Mitchell & Ginn. And it's in large part due to the team's success last year. I wish them all well. 

AND do NOT talk to me or moan about Munnerlyn. Last off season we let him walk & no team had any interest in him so he took our offer. He played no better than the year before really and his Viking payday is totally due to the Panthers defense's success.

#122 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Yes... I am completely sure Gross knew Smitty was about to get shat on by Gettleman and decided to troll fans on the way out. Thanks for that completely RATIONAL take on things.

Quite sure combine was before retirement speech

#123 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,461 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

Some teams like New England dump their vets all the time and they can't sign anyone, right?? And they are screwed every year to finish 4-12, right??

#124 Taom82

Taom82

was that danny woodhead?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationHell's Outhouse

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

Some teams like New England dump their vets all the time and they can't sign anyone, right?? And they are screwed every year to finish 4-12, right??

difference is their FO acts like adults while conducting business.  Agree with the moves so far or not, they were handled poorly

#125 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,461 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

difference is their FO acts like adults while conducting business.  Agree with the moves so far or not, they were handled poorly

I think you could find a bunch of players who have released by NE who might disagree with you.  They are pretty ruthless I hear.

#126 bonafidebanter

bonafidebanter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

tumblr_m3i634tL8c1qje0eqo1_500.gif

#127 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,845 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

I think you could find a bunch of players who have released by NE who might disagree with you.  They are pretty ruthless I hear.

Wes Welker might have a few things to say

#128 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,593 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Gettleman clearly stated when he got here, and reiterated it this off season that because of our cap problem, it will be two to three years before we can be real players in free agency. Until then we have to be patient and find diamonds in the rough. Do none of you pay attention? Why is it so fuging difficult to get that through your thick skulls?Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You're absolutely right. That sounds like a damn fine reason why, in light of our money situation, you keep a veteran WR that's already under contract.

That's what you meant right?

Look... None of these non-signings make a difference to me. Proudiddy has a point tho... When you screw up like Gman did with this Smitty deal (again I mean more the PR side than other things) players you want to sign now and in the future notice.

To say Gettleman didn't royally fug up with Smitty is just wrong.

#129 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

Can anyone recall a worse offseason for us? I mean, losing Smith, Gross, Lafell, Hixon, Ginn, Mitchell, Captain, and signing literally no one of value.

Read your post again. Do really think we need to financially hamstring this team anymore for that list of players? Gross retired, Smittty was overpriced for his age /production, but the rest of that list? My God, man. Set your sights a little higher than Lafell, Ginn, and Captain fuging Munnerlyn.
I think some of you need to channel your enthusiasm toward boy bands instead of football teams. Hear me out.
Boy bands rarely change members (granted that Lance Bass kid ended up playing for the other team) but he was the exception. Also when they break up, it is perfectly acceptable to go completely b!tchcakes. In fact, it's encouraged. Just something to consider. My 10 year old daughter really digs "One Direction" (not as much as some here dig Dominik Hixon apparently) but still. Give it a try.

#130 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,066 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:12 PM

I almost feel worse than if my dog died. Still in denial about the whole situation. I'll be angry soon. Then sad. Then the panthers will become the Panthers of 2010. Good defense, no offense. Shulas offensive philosophy ran the offensive FAs away, not Gettlemen. Even though he is a bastard.

My fellow Panther...

#131 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:12 PM

i wish mfers would quit giving DG credit for 12-4,he played a role but a smaller role then coaches and players......maybe even fans

fug it im going to call it how it is there's like 4 or 5 of you claiming we aren't making moves because of the CAP situation and blah this and that, why the majority is worried that we just went into a rebuild mode after winning the division..............then you call us whinners and other bs

so there's 1 or 2 of you calling a group of 20 or more whinners................how does that look......pretty damn stupid IMO

#132 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

The Patriots also had Welker's replacement lined up (Amendola), unfortunately he didn't really work out... but they also have the best QB in the world as well, sooooo....

#133 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:15 AM

Read your post again. Do really think we need to financially hamstring this team anymore for that list of players? Gross retired, Smittty was overpriced for his age /production, but the rest of that list? My God, man. Set your sights a little higher than Lafell, Ginn, and Captain fuging Munnerlyn.
I think some of you need to channel your enthusiasm toward boy bands instead of football teams. Hear me out.
Boy bands rarely change members (granted that Lance Bass kid ended up playing for the other team) but he was the exception. Also when they break up, it is perfectly acceptable to go completely b!tchcakes. In fact, it's encouraged. Just something to consider. My 10 year old daughter really digs "One Direction" (not as much as some here dig Dominik Hixon apparently) but still. Give it a try.

Smiths lack of production was a product of Shulas offense. You don't go from 1,400 and 1,200 yard seasons to 700 by osmosis. No one bothered to make that connection and I'm fuging making it right now.

#134 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,570 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:55 AM

We only have like 3 mil in free agency $ you simpletons?

Where is that gif with cat chasing its tail?

tumblr_lrmfqzda1K1r1c6jgo2_400.gif

#135 LUUUUUKE

LUUUUUKE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

I agree with 98% of everything that Proudiddy has said in this thread, and there are MILLIONS of fans out there that aren't even Panthers fans that would agree with us. Gettleman totally shat the bed with Smitty. You don't treat legends like that. Smitty is already a legend. Everyone keeps focusing on Smittys #s last year which is crap considering the dink and dunk O that Shula called. Smitty wanted to play in the slot, and you're gonna find out how nasty he could have been for us in the slot next year. Btw, mark the Ravens game a big fat L for next year. Nobody knows our offense and defense better than Smitty. His knowledge will kill us more than his production.

Wasn't really expecting us to sign any FAs as per usual. I was totally expecting us to lock up both Mitchell and Ginn though. Letting Mitchell go was beyond fuggin retarded! Rationalize it however u want, it was just flat out dumb! And then people here want to argue that Pittsburgh overpaid him. That's totally irrelevant to the argument! He should have never been able to see what his market was! Should have locked his ass up period!

Another point. River boat Ron has been deafly silent in all of this. Nobody thinks that's odd? I do!!!! He's fuggin pissed!!!! He's a players coach, and right now the players are being bent over and reamed! Ron Rivera has yet to comment one way or another. I wonder why that is? Perhaps he wants to keep his job, and knows that the only way to do so, is to keep his mouth shut.

I knew that we'd be quiet in FA. I've followed and known this team for too long to expect anything different. What I do know is that the dynamic of this team changed overnight. Prior to the Smitty fiasco, this place was known as "the family business" and FAs wanted to come play here, they knew they'd get taken care of. Gettleman just ruined that. He soiled his reputation throughout the League. He got too big for his britches on this one, and I don't think he'll ever recover from this mistake, regardless if he fields a HOF WR corps next year. He'll always be known as the guy that screwed Smitty.

Lastly, just when things started looking up around this franchise and place, boom! We're all reminded of why we are always that fringe team "giving them a reason to talk about us" I'm tired of that poo! I was ready to go out next year and swing for the fence. Ahhhh to hell with it, i am fuggin done!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.