Photo
- - - - -

Cam Newton now in danger of becoming Donovan Mcnabb.

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#61 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

or steer free-agents to qb's who look like Luck

RG3, Cam, and Wilson have no targets right now

why are their teams waiting for another team to sign a guy like Kenny Britt... wtf are they waiting for... pick up the damn phone

See what I mean, Ken?

Like I said, not worth it.

#62 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

You want us to fire a GM less than one week into free agency?

And put who in charge? Brandon Beane?

Are we looking to the Browns for examples of how to run a team now?

Tell me you're being sarcastic.

Give the keys to Ron Rivera like the Patrioits to Belchick

#63 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,428 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

op is telling the truth... the free-agency has conspiracy written all over it

it seems like 90% of the top free-agents are joining 4 teams... smh...

russell wilson lost his favorite target to the lions, and cam has nobody to throw too... rg3 might struggle with no weapons either.... this is not a good situation

look at what the Colts have done for Luck... even though he is terribly inaccurate as a qb, they are doing their best to surround him with great or big wideouts... the panthers should be giving kenny britt a call right now... they need to be desperate

this is starting to remind me of vick in atlanta... after vick went to the nfc championship game, the falcons had a chance to get randy moss and didnt do it

we have seen what donovan looked like with a dominant wr... cam, rg3, wilson, kaep... dont have an aj green, megatron, larry fitz, dre johnson, or gordon to throw too..

Conspiracy? more racial undertone garbage.

SF went after Boldin while already having Davis and Crabtree. They also added to their Oline.

Vick had Desean Jackson and brought in one of the most innovative minds on offense in Chip Kelly.

RG basically ran Shanahan out of town and he has done pretty good with qb's. Oh and didn't he go get Garcon FOR RG?

Geno Smith gets Eric Decker who ain't bad.

What qb doesn't look good with a dominant wr?

Talent wins.

Only so many teams can have the luxury of a stud qb and wr. Brady had Moss for one year and dominated and got back to the AFC Champ game a few years in a row with pedestrian wr's.

Do more homework man.

#64 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,669 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

Wilson went into a huge slump after rice and harvin were injured

i remmeber the rams game, when wilson was running for his life.....

look at wilson's stats againist the likes of the texans and in the playoffs againist the saints

You didn't answer my question. How many games did the Seahawks lose?

#65 juliansever00

juliansever00

NOT NEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

SF went after Boldin while already having Davis and Crabtree. They also added to their Oline.

Vick had Desean Jackson and brought in one of the most innovative minds on offense in Chip Kelly.

RG basically ran Shanahan out of town and he has done pretty good with qb's. Oh and didn't he go get Garcon FOR RG?

Talent wins.

Only so many teams can have the luxury of a stud qb and wr. Brady had Moss for one year and dominated and got back to the AFC Champ game a few years in a row with pedestrian wr's.

Do more homework man.

Vick finished 2nd in MVP voting when he got out of prison.....  after he started lighting up defenses, the refs started to give him no respect in the pocket for late hits... Andy Reid even complained and was fined for it.... the hits took their toll on Vick, and his accuracy got worse

as for RG3 haha another confused fan, who listening to the media, and doesnt know RG3 personally... RG3 wouldnt run anybody out of town( thats not the way he was raised)... Shanny never wanted RG3... remmeber with his 3rd round pick he selected Kirk Cousins( thats who shanny wanted).... Before Rg3 got to DC, the redskins hadnt won a divison title since 99'... Mcnabb WARNED Rg3 not to go to the redskins, because of shannahan... he said this even before rg3 was drafted... lol he knew... RG3 doesnt get enough credit for putting his career on the line for a coach who never wanted him... remmeber when Mike Shanahan gave up midseason... and then the skins won 7 straight.... that was rg3 having to carry that joke of a team.... when Rg3 wasnt healhty this year... you saw how bad they were... they have so many holes, from defense, to special teams, to offensive wideouts... Garcon is a true number 2... and is NOT a deep threat... rg3 needs a kenny britt, and somebody who can stretch the field... shanny drafted rg3 only to try and improve his run game... runningbacks are meaningless in todays NFL.... the game has passed shanny by

Geno Smith went 8-8 last year with Jeff Cumberland as his best wideout lol.... his mechanics are better than Matt Stafford, but he dont have no megatron to bail him out.... also Geno is playing for a coach who is clueless on how to coach up qb's.... he only knows one part of the game... DEFENSE.. Eric Decker is worse than Santonio Holmes... he is a borderline number 2 who looked because of Payme Manning, and D.Thomas

also how did Brady look without Gronk earlier this year.... his passing numbers were awful... i guess the myth that Brady can make scrubs look good, was just that a myth.... dont try and tell me that recievers dont matter... WHEN THEY DO

#66 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

Give the keys to Ron Rivera like the Patrioits to Belchick

You want a fourth year head coach with no front office experience trying to manage our current salary cap mess?

Seriously?

#67 juliansever00

juliansever00

NOT NEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

You didn't answer my question. How many games did the Seahawks lose?

3... but only because they have a nasty defense.... for a while the offense wasnt doing anything.... the score in the superbowl would have been much closer if Harvin didnt play... his presence on the field opens up scrub recievers like Doug Baldwin to get free.... remmeber that 30 yard play by Harvin on the 2nd drive by seattle  in the superbowl, that one play... made the game easier for rw3

#68 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,428 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:38 PM

Vick finished 2nd in MVP voting when he got out of prison.....  after he started lighting up defenses, the refs started to give him no respect in the pocket for late hits... Andy Reid even complained and was fined for it.... the hits took their toll on Vick, and his accuracy got worse

as for RG3 haha another confused fan, who listening to the media, and doesnt know RG3 personally... RG3 wouldnt run anybody out of town( thats not the way he was raised)... Shanny never wanted RG3... remmeber with his 3rd round pick he selected Kirk Cousins( thats who shanny wanted).... Before Rg3 got to DC, the redskins hadnt won a divison title since 99'... Mcnabb WARNED Rg3 not to go to the redskins, because of shannahan... he said this even before rg3 was drafted... lol he knew

Geno Smith went 8-8 last year with Jeff Cumberland as his best wideout lol.... his mechanics are better than Matt Stafford, but he dont have no megatron to bail him out.... also Geno is playing for a coach who is clueless on how to coach up qb's.... he only knows one part of the game... DEFENSE.. Eric Decker is worse than Santonio Holmes... he is a borderline number 2 who looked because of Payme Manning, and D.Thomas

also how did Brady look without Gronk earlier this year.... his passing numbers were awful... i guess the myth that Brady can make scrubs look good, was just that a myth.... dont try and tell me that recievers dont matter... WHEN THEY DO

I never said wr's didn't matter. I said what qb doesn't look good with a stud wr?

You are mixing extra items into your flimsy premise. Now you add coaches flaws when your argument was this conspiracy against some qb's getting ample help.

Yeah man. It's a total conspiracy out there. Get your head out of the paper bag of glue.

#69 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,670 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

And less weapons too

yeah at least he had TO

#70 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,098 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

keep it in your pants. no one is interested in seeing two noodle dicks crossing streams.

Attached Files

#71 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

Talent wins.

Do more homework man.

SF comments...I agree

Vick comments...Desean, Mclain, McCoy was not brought into Philly for Vick or McNabb...they were brought in for Kolb. Kelly was brought in under no pretenses that Vick had to be the QB. Vick was not even promised a roster spot

RGIII comments...that's rich. Griffin ran Shannon out of town? Why does Shannon only have one winning season since 2005? The one season: RGIII's healthy rookie campaign. Maybe it has to do with Shannon being a garbage Head Coach, and not being able to field a team with even a mediocre defense.

And what QBs have Shannon done good with since Elway? Just stop

Smith comments...I agree...they are starting to get him something that resembles a NFL WR

Overall I agree with your non-conspiracy theory, but on Vick and RGIII you are simply, horribly wrong. 

#72 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

You want a fourth year head coach with no front office experience trying to manage our current salary cap mess?

Seriously?

Its a joke but if he was given a opportunity he could do it. 

#73 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

Its a joke but if he was given a opportunity he could do it. 

I wouldn't put any bets on that.

#74 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

I wouldn't put any bets on that.

Maybe, but why was Gettleman not able to choose his own coach if JR really wanted to give his GM all the power.

P.S. I bet Gettleman is gone before Ron Rivera or Cam if poo goes downhill in the future but I'm believer that this team is going to be even better because of Ron Rivera and the core players.

#75 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,428 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

SF comments...I agree

Vick comments...Desean, Mclain, McCoy was not brought into Philly for Vick or McNabb...they were brought in for Kolb. Kelly was brought in under no pretenses that Vick had to be the QB. Vick was not even promised a roster spot

RGIII comments...that's rich. Griffin ran Shannon out of town? Why does Shannon only have one winning season since 2005? The one season: RGIII's healthy rookie campaign. Maybe it has to do with Shannon being a garbage Head Coach, and not being able to field a team with even a mediocre defense.

And what QBs have Shannon done good with since Elway? Just stop

Smith comments...I agree...they are starting to get him something that resembles a NFL WR

Overall I agree with your non-conspiracy theory, but on Vick and RGIII you are simply, horribly wrong. 

Jackson came in the year after Kolb. Kolb def wasn't the starter at the time and they bring Vick. My point was they didn't get RID of Jackson that falls into the conspiracy angle. I should have made that more clear.

Yes. Shanahan was not great away from Elway. He did coach qb's at SF in the early days. The point again on that is taking things away from a qb to fit the conspiracy angle when the team at least got Garcon FOR RG. In addition they drafted Alfred Morris. He turned out to be a solid pick. Again. Dimishes the argument RG didn't get help.

It could be argued that Shan might have been the one to rush RG back out too early from injury. Gee. I wonder why he would do that? Maybe because he knows RG is good enough?

As for Vick. The job was his to lose and Foles looked much better in that scheme. Maybe 3-5 years earlier it would be dif for Vick.

Emotions and bias always make for a great conspiracy. Then there are facts and logic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com