• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 Barry McCaulkinor

Barry McCaulkinor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

It's not the fact we haven't signed anyone. It's how all this has went down. Seems like all the FA's are giving the Panthers and Gettleman the proverbial finger after the way the Steve Smith situation went down. I don't blame them a damn bit either. 

#17 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,640 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

It' was just the third day of FA. There is nothing wrong at this point.

Steve Smith is no longer a Panther... there is something wrong.

#18 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Telling the huddle to calm their collective tits will result in mofos doing... tumblr_m6ikpbSL8s1qbcwqc.jpg

ILY

#19 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,308 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

Steve Smith is no longer a Panther... there is something wrong.

Right because he and gross were going to remain playing for the panthers forever

#20 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,640 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

Right because he and gross were going to remain playing for the panthers forever

Getting rid of two players without having their replacements ready... that's smart.

That's like your boss firing his right hand man without having a successor ready to take his place.

#21 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,308 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

Getting rid of two players without having their replacements ready... that's smart.

That's like your boss firing his right hand man without having a successor ready to take his place.

We still haven't hit the draft yet. When we go into the season with no wr1 or a starting LT I'll worry. Until then I'm going to act as everything is alright which it is.

#22 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

We still haven't hit the draft yet. When we go into the season with no wr1 or a starting LT I'll worry. Until then I'm going to act as everything is alright which it is.

Rookie receivers rarely succeed.

#23 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,640 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

It's a pretty common trend that unless you get a freak athlete wide receiver (Green, Jones), he will tend to struggle his first season. There are exceptions to the rule as I mentioned but history says that wide receiver is one of the most difficult transitions to the pro level.

And are you seriously comfortable with a rookie LT protecting Cams blind side while not having any veteran presence to lean on? Why in the world would the Panthers not have at least drafted a left tackle last year for Gross to groom?

Just a few things like this don't make much since to me.

#24 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,651 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

It' was just the third day of FA. There is nothing wrong at this point.

That is it really.  With 17 free agents and many under 1 year contracts exactly how many where we going to keep.  I can't imagine that anyone would say that Munnerlyn or Mitchell were worth what they got. Last year Captain got 1 million to play but somehow he is worth 5 million a season now.  Or Mitchell who even the Raiders didn't want and who we made with a beastly front seven is worth the huge money he got.  And look at Ginn, he caught 2 passes for SF and looked explosive due to Cam being able to put the deep ball right in his hands (when he caught it).  Now he gets a big contract to go elsewhere.

We will do the same thing this year I hope.  Pick up guys discarded from other teams and make them into serious players who we will either keep or let ago again when they command huge prices.

I know folks are upset we aren't signing everyone back but the truth is that there are plenty of guys who we can get cheap who will be able to replace the production we lost including Smitty.  Yeah I said it.

#25 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,248 posts

The most cap efficient and long term answers for WR and OT lie in the draft. I'll panic if it isn't addressed then (but it will be).

#26 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,576 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

Signed a whopping two "big name players" in free agency (Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril) calm the fug down. Also keep in mind, it took a while after FA began to attain Bennett and Avril. 

which really means nothing either way in regards to our situation.

#27 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,308 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

It's a pretty common trend that unless you get a freak athlete wide receiver (Green, Jones), he will tend to struggle his first season. There are exceptions to the rule as I mentioned but history says that wide receiver is one of the most difficult transitions to the pro level.

And are you seriously comfortable with a rookie LT protecting Cams blind side while not having any veteran presence to lean on? Why in the world would the Panthers not have at least drafted a left tackle last year for Gross to groom?

Just a few things like this don't make much since to me.

Again we are still in March and we can still get receivers and ots via FA which we will. The panic is unwarranted

#28 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,640 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

Again we are still in March and we can still get receivers and ots via FA which we will. The panic is unwarranted

I don't see any number one wide receivers in free agency... not that there were any to start with.

And all the T's that you would probably feel comfortable with protecting Cam's blind side, are gone.

No panic, just concern.

#29 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,308 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

I don't see any number one wide receivers in free agency... not that there were any to start with.

And all the T's that you would probably feel comfortable with protecting Cam's blind side, are gone.

No panic, just concern.

If we trade up to get a elite tackle in the draft then a serviceable upgrade at rt and get rice and jones then draft Matthews and moncrief we would look solid. That's all still in the realm of possibility

#30 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,640 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

If we trade up to get a elite tackle in the draft then a serviceable upgrade at rt and get rice and jones then draft Matthews and moncrief we would look solid. That's all still in the realm of possibility

Could be, you never know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com