Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PantherDynasty

Harper is a Solid Signing

I understand his past with our franchise and you guys may not like him, but he's a solid SS and with our front 7 in front of him, I expect that he will keep our secondary in check. I really don't see how it's the terrible signing some of you are making it out to be.

It's not that it's a terrible signing.  He's a decent veteran option.

It's the history he's got here that leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth.  Especially fresh off losing Steve Smith.

I don't know maybe cuz ranked 87th out of 88 in 2012 by PFF... Last year was better but damn the saints gave 2 fugs about him...they drafted vaccaro last year and broke the bank for Byrd this year.

If it was vet minimum that'd be one thing or maybe if we had a LT or a receive me on the team that wouldn't hurt either

Guest shitposting

Just looking at the commentary from the Saints forums, a few blogs, and PFF it looks like a poo signing.

I don't know maybe cuz ranked 87th out of 88 in 2012 by PFF... Last year was better but damn the saints gave 2 fugs about him...they drafted vac caro last year and broke the bank for Byrd this year.

If was vet minimum that'd be one thing or maybe if we had a LT or a receive me on the team that wouldn't hurt either

Feel free to look at Mitchell's PFF ranking in 2013.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

He doesn't have to be outstanding but he's a veteran who can lead our otherwise young DBs and keep the back end of our D from being awful next year.

Guest shitposting

Harper in 38 pass rush plays - 0 sacks

Mitchell in 25 pass rush plays - 4 sacks

Mikell in 27 pass rush plays - 3 sacks 

Harper in 283 pass cover plays - 255 yards allowed, 11.1 avg per catch allowed

Mitchell in 689 pass cover plays - 250 yards allowed, 8.6 avg per catch allowed

Mikell in 424 pass cover plays - 271 yards allowed, 11.8 avg per catch allowed 

First time he makes a big play everyone will cheer him like they've loved him all along.