Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Tweet on players leaving

111 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Yeah because Tom Brady has always had elite players to throw to. Otherwise they never would make the playoffs with average guys.

Oh wait...............

Nevermind.....................

I don't feel like digging into his history, but most recently, Randy Moss, Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, please...
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

So are you guys saying that can is just as good as Tom Brady? I love cam but come on now. He is a 3 time Superbowl champ with excellent accuracy I'm a system that fits him perfectly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Based purely on last season, and projecting into the future:

Cam Newton > Tom Brady
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Tom Brady has never had an elite WR.

Randy Moss.
9 people like this

Posted · Report post

Tom Brady has never had an elite WR.

FROM 07-09 Randy Moss had 3765 yards and 47 TD catches.....so what is your definition of elite?
7 people like this

Posted · Report post

So are you guys saying that can is just as good as Tom Brady? I love cam but come on now. He is a 3 time Superbowl champ with excellent accuracy I'm a system that fits him perfectly.

Cam has a defense that NE has never had.  Not only did Brady have to score lots of points with nobodies but he had to outscore the other team to win.  With Cam we need a guy who can make plays when we need him to but doesn't have to score 30 a game to win week in and out.

Posted · Report post

Nobody has said cam is on tom Brady's level in reference to passing accuracy. They are different players with different games. I will say this though: cam can do things tom Brady could never ever do. In fact, cam has a skill set that no other QB in the NFL has.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

FROM 07-09 Randy Moss had 3765 yards and 47 TD catches.....so what is your definition of elite?

And how did he do the 2 years before that or after.  If a quarterback resurrects a player's career and he has a couple great years mixed between not much else, does that make the quarterback elite or the receiver elite?

Posted · Report post

Cam has a defense that NE has never had. Not only did Brady have to score lots of points with nobodies but he had to outscore the other team to win. With Cam we need a guy who can make plays when we need him to but doesn't have to score 30 a game to win week in and out.

Not true. New England had great defenses for all of their Super Bowl titles.
6 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'm sure the story isn't that along

a bunch of mediocre players who are getting over paid.

you're right, that wasn't very long at all!

Posted · Report post

I don't feel like digging into his history, but most recently, Randy Moss, Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, please...

Hernandez played, what, two seasons? He is also a TE, not a WR. Cam has a great TE. His first year he had two.

Gronkowski is about as useful to Brady as a broom. He is made of glass and always injured. He is a not a WR anyway.

Wes Welker is a tiny slot receiver. He is not elite nor is he a WR1/WR2.

Randy Moss as a Patriot was only elite in name recognition. Brady made him. What did Moss do the year before and after New England? He sucked ass and bounced from team to team.

All that aside, Brady won 3 Super Bowls with none of those guys. His best WR during his championships was Deion freaking Branch. Yes, THE Deion Branch.

Posted · Report post

'Brady has never had great receivers'

'oh yeah! here's one guy!'

that's it? 1 receiver for 2 years of his career. I think you've helped prove the point that he has made his players great, rather than the other way around. how did welker do last year?

Posted · Report post

Cam has a defense that NE has never had. Not only did Brady have to score lots of points with nobodies but he had to outscore the other team to win. With Cam we need a guy who can make plays when we need him to but doesn't have to score 30 a game to win week in and out.

So you need Trent Dilfer?