Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 NCAA Tournament

242 posts in this topic

Posted

SMU got screwed big time.

The committee has said for years that you need to play a strong OOC schedule. SMU's OOC SOS was over 300.

On the bright side for SMU, they have a good shot to win the NIT and they return almost everyone in addition to having one of the best recruiting classes in the country. They could be national championship contenders next year.

Posted

My Final 4.... UVA, Florida, Louisville and Arizona. Virginia over Louisville in the final.

IMO this is absolutely the worst job of seedings ever! The West bracket is weak at best and the Big 10 is getting way too much credit for beating each other up. Michigan and Wisconsin getting a 2 seed over Louisville or Duke (yes that hurts saying that) is crazy.

Posted

I would have loved to seen Rick Pitino face when they were unveiled as a 4 seed.

2 people like this

Posted

I would have loved to seen Rick Pitino face when they were unveiled as a 4 seed.

"The Committee" will be visited by "The Family"....

2 people like this

Posted

I have Kansas, Michigan St., Wisconsin, and Michigan going to the Final Four. Three Big Ten teams? WHAT? :p

Spartans versus Wolverines in the Final. WHAT? :p

And the winner is?

HAIL TO THE VICTOR.

Yeah, I'm so not winning the $1b prize on Yahoo.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have Kansas, Michigan St., Wisconsin, and Michigan going to the Final Four. Three Big Ten teams? WHAT? :p

Spartans versus Wolverines in the Final. WHAT? :p

And the winner is?

HAIL TO THE VICTOR.

Yeah, I'm so not winning the $1b prize on Yahoo.

That's like what.... 35 losses between the 4? Lol!! To heck with it, I'm going with Cal-Poly for a Trillion!

Posted

That's like what.... 35 losses between the 4? Lol!! To heck with it, I'm going with Cal-Poly for a Trillion!

32! Haha.

But you have three 1 seeds in the Final Four. That never happens!

Posted

Never say never. I think age before beauty this year. Upper classmen teams have dominated the season. see no reason they won't do the same in the tourney.

Posted

Per ESPN Stats and Info:

Overseeded teams (>= 3 spots) according to BPI: 2 Michigan (#23), 5 Saint Louis (#30), 6 Baylor (#35), 7 Texas (#45), 8 Colorado (#51)

9:40 PM - 16 Mar 2014

Underseeded tms (>= 3 spots) per BPI: 8 UK (#10), 9 Pitt (#13), 11 Iowa (#21), 9 OKST (#19), 4 L'Ville (#4), 11 Tenn (#31), 12 Harvard (#37)

Was Jim Irsay leading the committee last night?

Posted

Per ESPN Stats and Info:

Overseeded teams (>= 3 spots) according to BPI: 2 Michigan (#23), 5 Saint Louis (#30), 6 Baylor (#35), 7 Texas (#45), 8 Colorado (#51)

9:40 PM - 16 Mar 2014

Underseeded tms (>= 3 spots) per BPI: 8 UK (#10), 9 Pitt (#13), 11 Iowa (#21), 9 OKST (#19), 4 L'Ville (#4), 11 Tenn (#31), 12 Harvard (#37)

Was Jim Irsay leading the committee last night?

Posted

I've got Duke doing anything from winning it all to losing to Mercer. Seems about right for this year.

Carolina could make some noise...but Providence will be a test.

And if State can win their play in game...maybe they can ride a hot TJ past St. Louis. 

Posted

How awesome would it be if this happened...

Round 1: Marcus Paige vs. Bryce Cotton

Round 2: Marcus Paige vs. DeAndre Kane

Round 3: Marcus Paige vs. Shabazz Napier

Round 4. Marcus Paige vs. Keith Appling

Talk about point guard match-ups...

It's a shame that we'll probably get beat by Ejim, Kane, Niang, and Hogue.

1 person likes this