Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

QB's will fall

49 posts in this topic

Posted

I think Bortles might go first, but then, as the Pittsburgh guy says, everyone wants to go down in the order.  a lot of talent in the first four rounds and getting more picks would certainly benefit.

Hoping a few of the top 5 bypass QB's and then trade back into the first with some team picking......say 28th?  Be great to pick at the top of the second and pick up the top pick in the third on the way.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/23/steelers-g-m-says-everyone-wants-to-trade-down-in-this-draft/

Posted

Jaws and McShay said after Teddy's Pro Day that they didn't think it would hurt him at all in the draft, because most of the evaluation would be based on game film and other areas.

Chris Weinke has tweaked  his foot work a little and he looked stiff on his Pro-day, and he didn't throw with his gloves on. 

In all honesty his pro-day wasn't that bad. Do some reading on it or go watch the youtube video of it. It was simply okay, he had some great throws, and a handful of not so great ones. The reviews of his pro-day from the media are all over the place.

I am also betting that Bridgewater's pro day does not hurt his stock status that much. 

BUT....if you  hink it "wasn't that bad", you are crazy.  It was god awful and atrocious.  He was missing throws all over the field.  It was a complete disaster.

1 person likes this

Posted

Then McShay promptly dropped him from his top ten

Posted

I am also betting that Bridgewater's pro day does not hurt his stock status that much. 

BUT....if you  hink it "wasn't that bad", you are crazy.  It was god awful and atrocious.  He was missing throws all over the field.  It was a complete disaster.

Uh... you clearly haven't seen it.

Posted

The QB's always get smoke blown up their buts by ESPN, but these guys as a group are pretty weak.

I don't think any of the top 10 teams want a QB, but are scared to wait until they are actually a value.  If they still had to pony up 75 million dollars for the first overall pick, I would be sure the QB's would fall hard, but now it is just a wasted pick and not monsterous cap wasted.

If Houston does not pick Bortles number one, then it is going to get interesting.

Many, really good position players that could be around 10 years easily, do you just skip them to take a huge chance on a QB that might be 20th on your board?

They have about put themselves in a position where they must draft a starter at QB 

Posted

They have about put themselves in a position where they must draft a starter at QB 

Actually, they all have a capable starter on board and will not have to throw a guy in before he is ready.  Guys like Chad Henne, Matt Cassel, Brian Hoyer, etc, are not long term solutions, but will keep them from having to overdraft or start a guy before he is ready.

And now Bridgewater coming to NE also. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/02/report-teddy-bridgewater-visiting-patriots-on-wednesday-too/

Posted

Heck if Bridgewater drops to the Panthers they should take him.  Sure WR WR WR OT.  But in the big picture he would be BPA at that point.  Would be a nice safety net if Cam doesn't stay. 

Posted

Heck if Bridgewater drops to the Panthers they should take him.  Sure WR WR WR OT.  But in the big picture he would be BPA at that point.  Would be a nice safety net if Cam doesn't stay. 

I think if he falls to us a team like Jacksonville would move up to get him