Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

QB's will fall

49 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't know what's going on with Bridgewater, but I think he'll prove all the doubters wrong.

It doesn't make a lick of sense to me, but I see him falling to the Cardinals and sitting there for a year behind Palmer and then starting the following year or after. Mayock even said he LOVED him on tape, but then he watched his pro day and he didn't like it, and he started to doubt Teddy. Jason Anderson talked about it today on the radio. 

Honestly if you told me one of the 3 would have in January I would have told you Manziel. No QB outside of Wilson and Brees has enjoyed sustained success since 1970, and I don't think JM is going to buck that trend. Wilson and Brees are models of how a QB should be on and off the field, and JM is simply not. Experts seem to agree that Teddy has the better mechanics and field vision over JM, so why Teddy falls while JM continues to ride the wave I don't quite understand.

The one thing Mayock said was that Teddy just didn't have the it factor, and JM had it spades. I remember when Cam came into the league and I saw that in Cam throughout the draft process, the "it" factor. To me JM talks a big talk but he doesn't have the "it" factor Cam had. When I looked at the kid who went to the Jags who busted out he completely didn't have it. When I look at Teddy I don't see that. He doesn't have what Cam had, but he isn't the Jags bust out either. I think Teddy has plenty of it factor, it's just not the same style as a guy like Cam. He is very even and sure of everything he does, he doesn't get excited. 

May be I can compare Teddy to Jake Delhomme, when the lights went on Jake got it. That's what happens with Teddy, when the lights go on, Teddy gets it. They called him Teddy "Ballgame" at Louisville, because when that helmet went on he just got it. 

Posted

I don't know what's going on with Bridgewater, but I think he'll prove all the doubters wrong.

It doesn't make a lick of sense to me, but I see him falling to the Cardinals and sitting there for a year behind Palmer and then starting the following year or after. Mayock even said he LOVED him on tape, but then he watched his pro day and he didn't like it, and he started to doubt Teddy. Jason Anderson talked about it today on the radio. 

Honestly if you told me one of the 3 would have in January I would have told you Manziel. No QB outside of Wilson and Brees has enjoyed sustained success since 1970, and I don't think JM is going to buck that trend. Wilson and Brees are models of how a QB should be on and off the field, and JM is simply not. Experts seem to agree that Teddy has the better mechanics and field vision over JM, so why Teddy falls while JM continues to ride the wave I don't quite understand.

The one thing Mayock said was that Teddy just didn't have the it factor, and JM had it spades. I remember when Cam came into the league and I saw that in Cam throughout the draft process, the "it" factor. To me JM talks a big talk but he doesn't have the "it" factor Cam had. When I looked at the kid who went to the Jags who busted out he completely didn't have it. When I look at Teddy I don't see that. He doesn't have what Cam had, but he isn't the Jags bust out either. I think Teddy has plenty of it factor, it's just not the same style as a guy like Cam. He is very even and sure of everything he does, he doesn't get excited. 

May be I can compare Teddy to Jake Delhomme, when the lights went on Jake got it. That's what happens with Teddy, when the lights go on, Teddy gets it. They called him Teddy "Ballgame" at Louisville, because when that helmet went on he just got it. 

i like TB and think this late hour fall is a mistake on the part of many, if it is a fall.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just keep doubting stirs, never gonna change my mind. Teddy will show everybody. Everyone said Cam would never do it either. 

Posted

This is a discussion board and I am listing a lot of articles based on the thread title of QB's falling.  Sorry if your guy is the subject of a lot of them.

I don't hate any of the QB's, I just don't think any deserve the top pick, nor do I, like some think that 5 of them will be gone in the top 15 picks.

There is still a week, so I will keep posting related articles to QB's sliding.

Posted

"Mayock spoke like a shaken man. He said that Bridgewater is the only quarterback in the last 10 or 11 years whose pro day made him go back, look at tape and change his grade. It didn't seem like silly-season blustering. Mike Mayock is having an existential crisis and it's all Teddy Bridgewater's fault."

Posted

Everything I have heard about Bridgewater, I have heard about Cam

I get the strong feeling that NFL personnel will get fired for passing over him this time next year

1 person likes this

Posted

https://sites.google.com/site/nfldraftinsidethewarroom/player-notes

The more I watch Teddy Bridgewater the more he reminds me of a more athletic Tom Brady. Both of these players have excellent accuracy, and a very quick release. They also have similar narrow frames, which concerned NFL teams going into the draft. One more thing these players have in common is that they remain calm when under pressure, and can deliver the big play when it is needed most. After going more in-depth on Bridgewater I now have him ranked as my top quarterback, and think he will be the steal of the draft if he doesn’t go in the first round.  

A mobile Brady is Joe Montana

If we didn't have Cam, I would be banging on the damn table for this kid

1 person likes this

Posted

Nope, there will be 5 QBs drafted in the first 15 picks. Book it

Clears throat

Posted

Clears throat

I estimate your smugness level somewhere between prius owner and Apple fanboy.

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

I estimate your smugness level somewhere between prius owner and Apple fanboy.

As usual, you are dead on in your perspective.

yaris and SIII

Posted

As usual, you are dead on in your perspective.

yaris and SIII

What? Do you not read? I said your smugness level. That has absolutely nothing to do with what vehicle you drive or what phone you use. Giving you a metaphor is about we useful as giving The Golden Calf of Bristol a Heisman