Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Interested in Kenny Britt

217 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

There are many receivers in the NFL
90% is pretty much top 30 and Smith is still top 30.

He is not a #1 WR...and even Smitty said that himself.

And, if 30 WR's is 10%, then there would be 300 WR's in the league. With 32 teams, that is nearly 10 WR's per team. And Sunshine, there are not 10 WR's on every team.

Guess that complex math (you know simple division) is not your friend.

Posted · Report post

He is not a #1 WR...and even Smitty said that himself.

And, if 30 WR's is 10%, then there would be 300 WR's in the league. With 32 teams, that is nearly 10 WR's per team. And Sunshine, there are not 10 WR's on every team.

Guess that complex math (you know simple division) is not your friend.

Free agents included

Posted · Report post

The Seahawks didn't need a clear number 1 to win the super bowl.

Posted · Report post

No, him and Steve didn't particularly get along apparently. The way the whole thing played out seemed a little too personal. Not to mention the fact that the only FA of relevance that we've been able to convince to sign here since then was Roman Harper of all people.

Where exactly did you hear they didn't get along? Just curious that's all. Also this may not mean much but smitty said recently that cam sent a letter to him and that it 'meant a lot' FWIW.

Posted · Report post

12-4. NFC south champs. Franchise cornerstones like cam and luke. Top 3 defense in nFl. But this is a dumpster fire yup you are correct.

team situations yurn on a dime and this one is turning on a dime G-man is trying to save. just because a dumpster is full of nice stuff doesn't mean it ain't flammable.

Posted · Report post

Where exactly did you hear they didn't get along? Just curious that's all.

It was in one of the articles citing "sources" about the whole thing that were being released at the time. Probably was speculation in the end I'm sure, but it definitely made a little sense considering how things played out.

I'm beginning to get over the whole Steve Smith thing, but of course once I see him wearing a Ravens uniform I'm probably going to have to chug a beer or two pretty quick honestly.

Edit: "they didn't get along" was in reference to Gettleman, and Smith. Just to be clear.

Posted · Report post

Also this may not mean much but smitty said recently that cam sent a letter to him and that it 'meant a lot' FWIW.

Yeah I read that about the letter from Cam, hopefully that will put some of this "hindering leadership" stuff to rest.

Posted · Report post

cam was most likely listening to smith about shula...which he was right about anyways.. gett got mad.

Posted · Report post

WR Kenny Britt left the Redskins facility earlier without a deal. Also visited Patriots and Rams. Being deliberate, and that's by design.

Well hopefully we get a fair shake.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 7m

WR Kenny Britt left the Redskins facility earlier without a deal. Also visited Patriots and Rams. Being deliberate, and that's by design.

Well hopefully we get a fair shake.

Hot damn we still have a chance

Posted · Report post

Hot damn we still have a chance

Don't worry we won't sign him.

Posted · Report post

It was in one of the articles citing "sources" about the whole thing that were being released at the time. Probably was speculation in the end I'm sure, but it definitely made a little sense considering how things played out.

I'm beginning to get over the whole Steve Smith thing, but of course once I see him wearing a Ravens uniform I'm probably going to have to chug a beer or two pretty quick honestly.

Edit: "they didn't get along" was in reference to Gettleman, and Smith. Just to be clear.

ohh ok, and yeah i thought you were referencing cam and smitty, my bad lol. that makes more sense but honestly i think it was probably more the issue of 2 men with serious pride in what they do clashing a bit more than anything else.