• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#46 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:58 AM

Panthers fans are not made fun of for being cocky. I can guarantee you that. We're made fun of because we're bad fans. Because we allow EVERY team to walk into BoA and control our stadium. Because we aren't intelligent football fans. Because we aren't able to see the big picture. Because we all keep saying "Cam Newton is going to have to throw the ball to himself next year". And definitely because we don't understand a formula to get to "sustained success".

We made some steps forward this year. We controlled the New Orleans game in the rain. Ask Drew Brees if he could hear himself think in that game. I couldn't hear myself yelling so I know it was loud.

#47 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

We made some steps forward this year. We controlled the New Orleans game in the rain. Ask Drew Brees if he could hear himself think in that game. I couldn't hear myself yelling so I know it was loud.

Agreed.  Going forward, let's hope it doesn't take a winning season or a game that had Division title implications for us to be that way.  Once the Steelers stop owning our stadium then we can say we're getting somewhere.  

#48 WOW!!

WOW!!

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

Simple poo like this really bother you that much??

The petition got 16 people to sign it not 16,000 .

Was this really worth your anger??

#49 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

Agreed. Going forward, let's hope it doesn't take a winning season or a game that had Division title implications for us to be that way. Once the Steelers stop owning our stadium then we can say we're getting somewhere.

Fans don't show up to watch their team lose, you can't ask a fan base to be losing their voices for a team that's 1-8

#50 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:09 AM

This right here. This is why were the laughingstock of the league. Not this petition or w/e it is Madhatter said. Other teams, especially big market teams, prob deal with this petition crap yearly

During playoffs, I heard several Patriot, a Giants, a Philly, and Dallas fan comment to me on how we now have a real GM, but rest assured we/JR would do something to screw it up

#51 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:10 AM

Finally this offseason people are aeeing what I've been saying for years. We are a bottom 5 fan base in the league. A majority of our fans are clueless clowns. We took a HUGE step forward this year. The only problem is with a fan base like this is we are going to need to maintain the success or we are going to erase everything we did this year. Unlike the Giants, Jets, Eagles, Steelers, cowboys, packers and redskins who all support their teams no matter what.

#52 WOW!!

WOW!!

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

Finally this offseason people are aeeing what I've been saying for years. We are a bottom 5 fan base in the league. A majority of our fans are clueless clowns. We took a HUGE step forward this year. The only problem is with a fan base like this is we are going to need to maintain the success or we are going to erase everything we did this year. Unlike the Giants, Jets, Eagles, Steelers, cowboys, packers and redskins who all support their teams no matter what.

Again this is a 16 fan signed petition? Does this really represent the majority of the fan base.

#53 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:17 AM

Those are historic franchises that have been around for decades. Can't compare us to them.

#54 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

Again this is a 16 fan signed petition? Does this really represent the majority of the fan base.

Has absolutely nothing to do with this petition. Just read this last week in posts. Will tell you everything you need to know about this fan base. Even one of our Mods is ripping our GM in every thread after going 12-4. It is a joke

#55 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:21 AM

The frustration is understandable. At this point I'm really not blaming anyone who is annoyed even though I agree with most of the decisions Gettleman has made.

#56 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

Folks tripping about this, yet tell the people who are concerned about our offseason moves they're overreacting? This lil petition is no biggie. People will write a petition about anything lol

#57 Keep Steve

Keep Steve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

More like when our fan base (at least the ones in here) are nothing by high school and college kids whose real understanding of football came from playing Madden.

Many of them have never had real jobs....never worried about living within a budget....know abosutely nothing about fiscal responsibility.

This is not directed at you (becuase I know who you are and that you get it). It is just the whole "me" generation that have infested the Huddle with the "I want it now......and I don't care how we get it" mentality.

Sounds to me like these kids have grown up having a team to root for in Carolina and are going to be more emotionally attached die hard fans than the generation of 40 year old Panthers fans who switched from their old team. I do not think it is a bad thing. Smith is the kind of guy that creates loyal young fans and he is probably their first sports idol. Can not blame them, I envy them. Those are the golden years of sports fandom, I miss it. Then you find out athletes are only human as you get older and it changes things a little.

#58 WOW!!

WOW!!

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

Has absolutely nothing to do with this petition. Just read this last week in posts. Will tell you everything you need to know about this fan base. Even one of our Mods is ripping our GM in every thread after going 12-4. It is a joke

It's called the off-season and every fanbase does it when moves are and aren't made.

I'm sorry to tell you but this is the norm for all teams.

#59 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

Folks tripping about this, yet tell the people who are concerned about our offseason moves they're overreacting? This lil petition is no biggie. People will write a petition about anything lol

#60 WOW!!

WOW!!

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

People acting like this is originally a Panther fan thing is the embarrassing part.

How many petition wanted Bill the chin fired in Pittsburgh?

Answer : a lot before the superbowl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.