154 replies to this topic

#121 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,670 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

This may have been addressed already, but why the heck did we wait until mid-March for the surgery? 

My only guess is we wanted to try and let the ankle heal on it's own, and since it didn't this was the latest the surgery could be put off.

#122 TheNewStandard

TheNewStandard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

Private workouts mean the WR comes in and gets the ball thrown to by trainers. They evaluate the player individually.

Do you think it would be a smart move to have your franchise QB there at the evaluation so he can throw the guy some balls to see if his hands can handle his passes? wtf is wrong with some of you people...

#123 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

This may have been addressed already, but why the heck did we wait until mid-March for the surgery?

My only guess is we wanted to try and let the ankle heal on it's own, and since it didn't this was the latest the surgery could be put off.

Surgery is always the last resort. It wasn't something like a torn ACL. They'll always wait it out first and hope it heals on it's own.

I know Cam was excited about getting to graduated from Auburn this spring. Seeing the surgery is right around the time of spring break that may have been a factor. Maybe he didn't want to delay his final semester?

#124 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

Do you think it would be a smart move to have your franchise QB there at the evaluation so he can throw the guy some balls to see if his hands can handle his passes? wtf is wrong with some of you people...

wtf is wrong with you? This has always been the way the nfl has done it. You don't need to have franchise qbs throw them balls because they are all professionals. They know how to catch a damn football and trainers know how to throw a football. 

#125 janderson20vt

janderson20vt

Double Bubble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

wtf is wrong with you? This has always been the way the nfl has done it. You don't need to have franchise qbs throw them balls because they are all professionals. They know how to catch a damn football and trainers know how to throw a football. 

He is clueless.

#126 TheNewStandard

TheNewStandard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

Only Idiots think trainers can put the type of velocity on the ball that Cam does...sure jugs passing machines can get good velocity, but it's not the same as having the real thing.

Either you are too stupid to understand why it is smart and common-sensiical to work out receivers with the QB who will be throwing to them, or you are juvenile and just want to argue and troll for the sake of arguing and trolling.

I asked you to show me proof and you haven't so I'll continue with the scenario where I want my QB there when I'm working out prospects so I can see if they can actually catch cams passes, because our former pass catchers sucked in that department and I want to save myself the headache of ending up with receivers who can't catch Cams passes.

#127 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

Only Idiots think trainers can put the type of velocity on the ball that Cam does...sure jugs passing machines can get good velocity, but it's not the same as having the real thing.

Either you are too stupid to understand why it is smart and common-sensiical to work out receivers with the QB who will be throwing to them, or you are juvenile and just want to argue and troll for the sake of arguing and trolling.

I asked you to show me proof and you haven't so I'll continue with the scenario where I want my QB there when I'm working out prospects so I can see if they can actually catch cams passes, evasive our former pass catchers sucked in that department and I want to save myself the headache of ending up with receivers who can't catch Cams passes.

Just when I thought you couldn't make a more stupid opinion. Show me proof where a wr has failed because a team's franchise qb didn't throw to them to try them out. I will be waiting, probably for a long time. 

#128 TheNewStandard

TheNewStandard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

Your reading comprehension is severely lacking, an I'm not a teacher, so have fun with that. Peace

#129 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

Your reading comprehension is severely lacking, an I'm not a teacher, so have fun with that. Peace

God damn are you retarded. Let me break this down for you. You are absolutely clueless to how wr talent has always been judged. NO TEAM IN THE ENTIRE NFL NEEDS TO HAVE THEIR FRANCHISE QB TRYOUT A WR. No team has done that. Do you get it yet? If they can catch a ball from a trainer they can catch a ball from Cam. You sound like some immature kid who found out about the nfl draft for the first time in their life. 

#130 TheNewStandard

TheNewStandard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

God damn are you retarded. Let me break this down for you. You are absolutely clueless to how wr talent has always been judged. NO TEAM IN THE ENTIRE NFL NEEDS TO HAVE THEIR FRANCHISE QB TRYOUT A WR. No team has done that. Do you get it yet? If they can catch a ball from a trainer they can catch a ball from Cam. You sound like some immature kid who found out about the nfl draft for the first time in their life.

If you can find where I said a team "needs" to have their QB present when working out prospective receivers, You have yourself an argument. Apparently you can't read too good because you're arguing over something I said would make sense to do, not that it's a must or a necessity. If you can't agree that it would be great to have Cam work out with guys to see if they can catch his passes than you are the most stubborn and irrational person on a planet that's full of ignorant and irrational people. Go back and actually read what I posted before you get all red in the face and start arguing over imagined precipices.

#131 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

If you can find where I said a team "needs" to have their QB present when working out prospective receivers, You have yourself an argument. Apparently you can't read too good because your arguing over something I said would make sense to do, not that it's a must or a necessity. If you can't agree that it would be great to have Cam work out with guys to see if they can catch his passes than you are the most stubborn and irrational person on a planet that's full of ignorant and irrational people. Go back and actually read what I posted before you get all red in the face and start arguing over imagined precipices.

You are focusing on a few words and missing the entire point of what I was saying. It wouldn't make any type of sense to bring in Cam because it's not necessary at any level of pre-draft workouts. That is my point.  A wr can catch a ball from Cam and still drop them in live games, so then what was the purpose of bringing in Cam if they still drop passes when a defender is in their face in actual game? If it made sense for a team to have their franchise qb throw in Pre-draft wr workouts nfl teams would have been doing it a long time ago.

#132 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

You know this for a fact, huh? No. NFL franchises have private workouts pretty regularly.

Actually, last year it was Ricky Prouel (sp) who was doing the throwing at the WR workouts.

I see what you are saying though. As hard as Cam can throw, you might want to see if your prospects can actually catch passes from Cam. It makes sense, but for some reason, that is just not how it is done. I guess because that is how it has always been done, that is how it will continue to be done. But I can see what you are saying.

#133 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

Actually, last year it was Ricky Prouel (sp) who was doing the throwing at the WR workouts.

I see what you are saying though. As hard as Cam can throw, you might want to see if your prospects can actually catch passes from Cam. It makes sense, but for some reason, that is just not how it is done. I guess because that is how it has always been done, that is how it will continue to be done. But I can see what you are saying.

I also understand Cam throws hard balls but he doesn't do it all the time. And he can dial back his strength if necessary. 

#134 TheNewStandard

TheNewStandard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

You are focusing on a few words and missing the entire point of what I was saying. It wouldn't make any type of sense to bring in Cam because it's not necessary at any level of pre-draft workouts. That is my point. A wr can catch a ball from Cam and still drop them in live games, so then what was the purpose of bringing in Cam if they still drop passes when a defender is in their face in actual game? If Pre-draft wr workouts with a any team's franchise qb were necessary nfl teams would have been doing it a long time ago.

How do you know they don't do that?

Also, who throws the balls to the receivers at the combine? QBs not trainers.

There is nothing to argue about. I say it's smart to have the QB throw passes in evaluations and you say it isn't. That's the end if this conversation. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I want him there and think it would be a great evaluation tool and you say otherwise. Whatevs

#135 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

Time to lock this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com