4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

guts n balls. IT's all a man needs

Yeah, no surprise here that you left out "brains". 

#5 CanadianCat

CanadianCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

Maybe that's part of Gettleman's thinking. Knowing that Newton’s contract is coming up, perhaps he wants to get rid of all of the dead money and get his salary cap house in order before doling out a big deal to his talented signal caller

#6 Sc0rned

Sc0rned

• ALL-PRO
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

I like him

#7 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,847 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

Gettleman is the Huddler who picks a team in the mock offseason and then doesn't sign in for 8 months

#8 Dunn

Dunn

• ALL-PRO
  • 341 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Because he's the hero that Charlotte deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Diligent GM

#9 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

I salute gettleman its tough to handle but he really is taking the right path and the backlash that will come with it. He is a boss

#10 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

Because he's the hero that Charlotte deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Diligent GM

I had to pie you for The Dark Knight reference

#11 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

Guts? Is that what they call it?

#12 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,847 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

George Seifert had guts, too

#13 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

I have yet to find a critic who can detail, in relation to the cap (dead money, stupid contracts) , the future of the franchise, etc. what Gettlemen should be doing in a logical, cost-effective manner.  Cut Godfrey?  Since he is a June 1 cut, I assume, that money will probably go to rookie contracts on June 2. Sign Hardy long term?  I am not sure that he wants to do that while his stock is at its highest point.  Rework CJ's deal?  There is just not enough fat to trim.  Hurney's contracts were stupidly constructed.   We get no help if a player is cut and is picked up elsewhere.  We even have to pay Gross guaranteed money for retiring.  Admittedly, that was what Gettlemen had to do to get his contract down last year to a reasonable figure, but that is what Hurney did--put the front office in "no win" situations.  If you spent 20 minutes looking at these deals and reading about them, you would know what the problem is--it ain't Gettlemen.

Gettlemen tagged Hardy to preserve the core.  Now he has to find about 5 starters with $8 million in his wallet.  Many of you are suggesting a spending spree to resolve that problem. ???  Get mad at Hurney for being an idiot.  Get mad at Richardson for giving an idiot the company credit card.  But it just shows a complete lack of awareness to blame Gettlemen. 

#14 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,810 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

I have yet to find a critic who can detail, in relation to the cap (dead money, stupid contracts) , the future of the franchise, etc. what Gettlemen should be doing in a logical, cost-effective manner.  Cut Godfrey?  Since he is a June 1 cut, I assume, that money will probably go to rookie contracts on June 2. Sign Hardy long term?  I am not sure that he wants to do that while his stock is at its highest point.  Rework CJ's deal?  There is just not enough fat to trim.  Hurney's contracts were stupidly constructed.   We get no help if a player is cut and is picked up elsewhere.  We even have to pay Gross guaranteed money for retiring.  Admittedly, that was what Gettlemen had to do to get his contract down last year to a reasonable figure, but that is what Hurney did--put the front office in "no win" situations.  If you spent 20 minutes looking at these deals and reading about them, you would know what the problem is--it ain't Gettlemen.

Gettlemen tagged Hardy to preserve the core.  Now he has to find about 5 starters with $8 million in his wallet.  Many of you are suggesting a spending spree to resolve that problem. ???  Get mad at Hurney for being an idiot.  Get mad at Richardson for giving an idiot the company credit card.  But it just shows a complete lack of awareness to blame Gettlemen. 

Hurney Hurney Hurney Hurney Hurney Hurney.

Spoiler

#15 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

I have yet to find a critic who can detail, in relation to the cap (dead money, stupid contracts) , the future of the franchise, etc. what Gettlemen should be doing in a logical, cost-effective manner. Cut Godfrey? Since he is a June 1 cut, I assume, that money will probably go to rookie contracts on June 2. Sign Hardy long term? I am not sure that he wants to do that while his stock is at its highest point. Rework CJ's deal? There is just not enough fat to trim. Hurney's contracts were stupidly constructed. We get no help if a player is cut and is picked up elsewhere. We even have to pay Gross guaranteed money for retiring. Admittedly, that was what Gettlemen had to do to get his contract down last year to a reasonable figure, but that is what Hurney did--put the front office in "no win" situations. If you spent 20 minutes looking at these deals and reading about them, you would know what the problem is--it ain't Gettlemen.

Gettlemen tagged Hardy to preserve the core. Now he has to find about 5 starters with $8 million in his wallet. Many of you are suggesting a spending spree to resolve that problem. ??? Get mad at Hurney for being an idiot. Get mad at Richardson for giving an idiot the company credit card. But it just shows a complete lack of awareness to blame Gettlemen.

Well he could have kept youknowwho instead of paying him to go away. I'm sure he had prior knowledge to the Cam surgery, so why let him go with nobody left to mentor the new wrs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com