#16 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,682 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

It's all Hurney's fault guys. He's literally got Gettleman held hostage, Gettleman isn't even making the decisions right now.

#17 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

You all should have known this day was coming......he has to do this thing now for long term success. We are so twisted up with bad contracts and big contracts coming in the near future that he had to act..Putting it off will not solve this problem.Would you rather be worse next year or suck for the next ten. Just know that next season will be hard to stomach
...but it is for the best.Just get a hobby to carry you through until we are out the other side.

#18 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,686 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

Because he's the hero that Charlotte deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Diligent GM

Are you saying that Gman = The Batman?

#19 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,038 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

Well he could have kept youknowwho instead of paying him to go away. I'm sure he had prior knowledge to the Cam surgery, so why let him go with nobody left to mentor the new wrs?

Maybe that is what they didn't want (you know who mentoring WRs)  He has had about 15 rookies to mentor since 2002 and they haven't fared too well.

I agree that it sure looks dark now.  4 months?  That is July before he gets back.

#20 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,769 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

It's all Hurney's fault guys. He's literally got Gettleman held hostage, Gettleman isn't even making the decisions right now.

Serioysly tr is. Guy was fuging DUMB and fuged our franchise for 5 years

#21 Semaj

Semaj

The Cam to Kelvin Show

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Fl

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

Great article and i agree with it. He is not here to win a popularity contest, he's here to makes the Panthers relevant in a way that would mirror the Pats. We all complained while the team was being run by the Hurney model. We all can see how the Patriots never get too attached to anybody aside from their core and Tom Brady. The rest of their team is expendable and this is why they're relevant EVERY YEAR. I'd much rather sacrifice one season if it meant 10 good ones then to go all in on one season and have 5 bad or mediocre ones.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#22 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,831 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

he's here to makes the Panthers relevant in a way that would mirror the Pats.

...the 1990 Pats.

#23 Dunn

Dunn

• ALL-PRO
  • 332 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

Are you saying that Gman = The Batman?

That or....

Fatman.

#24 MV%doe

MV%doe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

brass_balls.jpg

#25 Semaj

Semaj

The Cam to Kelvin Show

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Fl

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

...the 1990 Pats.

.BS and you know it. Yeah sure bud, he wants to be mediocre. Smh.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#26 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,482 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

Gettleman is the Huddler who picks a team in the mock offseason and then doesn't sign in for 8 months

this made me laugh right here.

#27 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,386 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

These kind of guts just get GMs and coaches fired

#28 HoFBound59

HoFBound59

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

People need to relax, I bet everyone freaking out will be singing the praises of the Panthers FO by the end of the season.

Your overreactions are keeping me entertained at work though. Thanks.

As soon as an FA WR signs with another team it's the same 20 people blowing up every thread, insulting GMan, and than patting each other on the back for their terrible jokes they think is funny.

#29 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,601 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

I would like to see us sign a few players too, just like everyone else. But I also think many here are being naive if they think Gettleman doesn't have a plan, or that he is willing to sacrifice 2014.

My guess is he has a list of players he thinks will be cut June 1st after other teams see what they can get in the draft, and a further group that may get let go in camp. Chances are they will be older rentals to get us through a year or two while he strengthens through the draft and gets our cap in order. Remember that players like Dwan Edwards for us and Carlos Rogers for the 49er's were both picked up in August by their respective teams. Just because we aren't filling holes now doesn't mean we won't fill them with decent players.

I suspect that many of you would feel better if you heard Gettleman talk in more depth about this issue, but it is not his obligation to show his cards to the fans or the rest of the league. Patience is required.

If we hit September and the team is made up of scrubs, then blast Gettleman. It's too early right now.

#30 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,621 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

Well let be real...it is pretty easy to cut people let see what he brings in before the big party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com