67 replies to this topic

#31 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

Point? Clowney had a disappointing 2013 season. I could care less how Richardson appeared to hold his own against him. Clowney was half-assing it out there for the better part of the year.

lol ok

And I agree a Turner+Fleming combo would be great and we could grab Beckham or Cooks Rd1.

Id love the Turner + Flemming combo. Not sure how I feel about WRs that I am bigger than in the 1st. 

#32 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

Really don't want to draft a OL in the first if he can't play LT. I guess were just taking a gamble no matter what we do.

#33 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,696 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

if Getty really is serious about BPA, we;re probably looking at A  DB in round 1.

Moses for example has a second round grade, although he fall to us in the back of the second round.

If a DB with a true first round grade falls to us, that's probably who'll we will take.

I'm thinking that they pretty much know that the the 3 or 4 DBs worth taking in the first will be gone.  We've signed Harper, and brought Thomas in for a visit. With the talk of possibly signing Cason, I am fairly sure that WR or OL is going to be the pick.

Gettleman believes in using FA to free him in the draft to pick the BPA.  His plans at picking up a WR in FA (that's worth half a damn as a veteran presence) has gone awry. And we have yet to bring in the first veteran O-lineman (I believe), and Donald Penn was probably the surest thing left (depending upon if you believe in Oher) until he signed yesterday, so to me everything is pointing at WR or OL.

#34 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

Really don't want to draft a OL in the first if he can't play LT. I guess were just taking a gamble no matter what we do.

Unless the staff feels confident about Cyrus's knee I don't think we will draft a OT in the 1st. 

Ton of OT value in the second (Moses, Richardson, Turner, etc) 

At the same time though there are question marks with the WR's projected at 28 i.e. Cooks, OBJ, Benjamin, etc

#35 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

I'm really high on JaWuan James. I think that the team would be able to just plug and play

#36 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

Its pretty sad we are needing to replace both RT and LT with no new FA signings. 

Id take my chances with James or Flemmings at RT over Bell. 

#37 Rhell

Rhell

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

Whichever one falls to our second round, first pick has to be WR now unless Getts pulls one out of where the sun don't shine.

I still think Jordan Mathews would be a good pick for us in the first.

#38 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,476 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

Best WR available,
Best T available,
Best WR available,
Best T available.

That's how I hope our draft goes. We can see what we have in Dockery and Lester and some of the other young secondary guys, as well as add secondary support through FA with guys like Cason or Thomas.

#39 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

What concerns me about Billy Turner is the level of competition.

#40 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

What concerns me about Billy Turner is the level of competition.

So long as his measurables are there i.e. size, quickness, strength I am not much concerned about that as a coach can teach him. Besides he did well at the señor bowl and when they played schools from major conferences. 

#41 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

He's certainly got the physical ability. Would be rather ironic to have two small school guys (Turner + Amini) at LT & LG.

#42 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

lol ok

Id love the Turner + Flemming combo. Not sure how I feel about WRs that I am bigger than in the 1st. 

I personally prefer Beckham, Adams, and Matthews at WR with Matthews being the most ready off the bat.  I'm still as high on JM as I was before bowl season.  He just gets it done.  

#43 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

JM's is just not explosive enough imo. I see him being a number 2. 

#44 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,883 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

I want to know how someone on this board can say with any type of proof a guys knee won't hold up for 5 years.

#45 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

I strongly feel that turner and Fleming will go before our pick in round 3. I really looked hard at superior run blocking OT with quick feet for potential pass blocking improvment. These two checked out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.