Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Things Gettleman has said in the past and what we can learn from them...

63 posts in this topic

Posted

I think when he says touchdown scorers, it's pretty obvious WRs are included in that.

Posted

I think when he says touchdown scorers, it's pretty obvious WRs are included in that.

RBs TEs FBs and QBs also.

1 person likes this

Posted

YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO THINK RATIONALLY ABOUT GETTLEMAN

Sent from my HTC One using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

2 people like this

Posted

Good post.  Gettleman laid out a plan from the get-go and is doing what he thinks is best to follow it.

And I believe in the methodology he's employing 100%.  I think we probably could have given Smitty another year and we'd be a better team in 2014 for it.  But I can understand the reasons he had for doing it.  And you could argue we'll be better off in 2015 by releasing Smith a year earlier.

What I think is hilarious though is everyone who is flipping their poo and hates Gettleman because we're apparently letting our ENTIRE FUGGING TEAM go and doing absolutely FUGGING NOTHING ZOMG.  While in reality, WR is the only position that we're in trouble, and that group already kinda sucked last year.  Time to see if draft picks and waiver wire players can actually play.  And if it turns out they can't, we can still win football games with a load of crap at WR.  We're not doomed.

5 people like this

Posted

actions > words

so far this year its been pretty much neither, but i want to see more.

my faith in gettleman is waning.

1 person likes this

Posted

At least he is open and honest about what he does.

1 person likes this

Posted

At least he is open and honest about what he does.

he's not open and about what he's doing now.

i mean i don't expect him to tell the league the moves he's trying to make, but what is he doing other than not filling holes he created/let open?

we have no wide receivers. we have no left tackle. we have a right tackle who shouldn't be starting. are we going to address that in the draft? if so, what about BPA? does that fly out the window if we don't address holes in FA? are we going to see what we do in the draft before we make any moves?

i mean wtf is he doing?

1 person likes this

Posted

Good post!   

We all knew we were strapped for cash when G-Man took over. I dont get what people are so pissed about! We don’t have any money! We have to spend wisely! Our Defense will be awesome! We will draft and pick up Wr's and OLineman before the season starts! All these teams that are overspending now will be in this same situation in a year or two while we build through the draft and plug and play. Gettleman is setting this team up for success and everyone wants to bash the man!  Smitty's situation could’ve been handled alot better, but we cant get much worse in passing offense than last year! A caller on WFNZ yesterday called free agency " Fools Agency" He is absolutley right! Look how much Ginn, Mitchell, Capt, Lafell, ect got! Do you think those teams will get their money's worth? Nope! Thats why Gettleman said See ya!

4 people like this

Posted

he's not open and about what he's doing now.

i mean i don't expect him to tell the league the moves he's trying to make, but what is he doing other than not filling holes he created/let open?

we have no wide receivers. we have no left tackle. we have a right tackle who shouldn't be starting. are we going to address that in the draft? if so, what about BPA? does that fly out the window if we don't address holes in FA? are we going to see what we do in the draft before we make any moves?

i mean wtf is he doing?

I meant more open and honest about HOW he does things. Specific moves are another matter.

The man is adamant about not overpaying guys. So I guess we will see what kind of "Gettlemagic" he can work this year. Certainly has his work cut out for him again. There are 50 days until the draft to try to plug holes. He'll need damn near every one of them if he wants to be able to go BPA for 7 rounds in May.

It has been oddly quiet though. Hopefully he is still working on Hardy's deal and figuring out how to free up more CAP space for now and in future seasons.

1 person likes this

Posted

I meant more open and honest about HOW he does things. Specific moves are another matter.

The man is adamant about not overpaying guys. So I guess we will see what kind of "Gettlemagic" he can work this year. Certainly has his work cut out for him again. There are 50 days until the draft to try to plug holes. He'll need damn near every one of them if he wants to be able to go BPA for 7 rounds in May.

It has been oddly quiet though. Hopefully he is still working on Hardy's deal and figuring out how to free up more CAP space for now and in future seasons.

hes overpaying the DE position.

franchising hardy handicapped us. the decision to tag him took away opportunity to not just improve in several areas, but fill holes with less than starter level ability. we have no money to fill holes because we tagged hardy. sure, there's a lot of time left, but what's going to be available at that point? a legit starting LT? lol

3 people like this

Posted

hes overpaying the DE position.

franchising hardy handicapped us. the decision to tag him took away opportunity to not just improve in several areas, but fill holes with less than starter level ability. we have no money to fill holes because we tagged hardy. sure, there's a lot of time left, but what's going to be available at that point? a legit starting LT? lol

Well he didn't handle Charles Johnson's deal so he is simply trying to work around that one. Hardy was a big part of our success, he was necessary to keep. We wouldn't find an elite secondary in one offseason so the least we could do was keep our elite front 7 together for at least another year. The franchise tag simply bought more time for us to work out a deal, and hopefully it's a deal that favors both parties.

He's got his work cut out for him man, I admit that. He will really have to be in-tune with his free agent scouting roots this year to keep Cam upright and give him guys to throw to. He's had success before so I won't hit the panic button until after we see what is done between now and the end of the draft. Then we will have a good idea of how the roster is going to look. It'll be interesting to see what happens.