Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gabeking

Panthers interested in Antoine Cason (edit)

163 posts in this topic

I hate this offseason.

Just when the hopes got up...

Ah fug, rosenhaus?

This will never get done now

Beason even dropped Rosenhaus from representing him and he negotiated his own contract. These athletes will never learn. Cason is NOT a top FA like Hardy, Charles Johnson...etc he's lucky if he gets signed to a team now.

We are going to have an awesome defense if nothing else

On paper yeah, but i feel like they'll get tired out quick from all the 3 and outs due to the absence of WR help.

2 people like this

I'd fire my agent if he tried to get me to sign to this dumpster fire too

1 person likes this

Well, it's not exactly saying much. On paper, Cason SHOULD be our best CB since Gamble.

I was more getting at the "Zod stamp of Awesome". Otherwise known as the McLain effect.

I've mentioned value through several threads now. The value Gettlemen places on defensive players decreases from the defensive line back. The offense needs to be nothing more than efficient with our philosophy so a Gettlemen sees no reason to spend money on skill position players who are more than role players.

Gettleman gives me the impression that he thinks having a good defense is our best shot until all of our bad contracts go away.  Both DG and RR have used the "keeping our strengths stronger" line.  It's not a bad philosophy.  Most of the dead money bad contracts come from the offensive side of the ball on our team. 

I think when the time is right he'll be looking to turn his attention towards the offense.  Not sure when he's going to be able to address WR like we all want them too.

NBC Sports:

"The 27-year-old Cason barely played for the Cardinals last year"

Basically a better, taller, Richard Marshall, I like it.

3x the player Marshall is. Cason is a pretty good corner. Not great, not bad, but pretty good.

Rotoworld has Cason rated just below Drayton Florence as the 26th and 27th best CBs available in FA