• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#106 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,863 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Does make you wonder doesn't it.
I'm not sure exactly but I think we have until mid July to get a longterm deal done or he's basically just a one year rental

Unless they tagged him expecting next season to be less productive, and plan to negotiate through the year and next year.

#107 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,554 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

One year, my mom lost her job and the family was in bad shape. On his 7th birthday, my brother had a temper tantrum because he only got a few presents. My parents tried to get him to understand, but he just screamed and cried. To shut him up, my Dad ran down to the store to buy him a toy that was overpriced and we could not afford. It made him happy for a short while, but in the long run, we all suffered.

I know some of you have difficulty processing abstract, figurative messages, so I will tell you outright--

Gettlebashers are displaying the same mannerisms my brother displayed. But Gettlemen is not going to cave like my dad did to shut you up.

Cason is the toy at the second hand store that they're taking out to the dumpster to make space on the shelf for something else.

Gettleman is the guy waiting by the dumpster so he can get the toy for free instead of buying it at an already discounted price.

This is a business, everyone wanted to point that out during the Smitty situation. Same goes for these players, I realize we have little to no cap room but you can't keep throwing out insulting offers (i assume) and expect people to come here.

#108 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

Cason is the toy at the second hand store that they're taking out to the dumpster to make space on the shelf for something else.

Gettleman is the guy waiting by the dumpster so he can get the toy for free instead of buying it at an already discounted price.

This is a business, everyone wanted to point that out during the Smitty situation. Same goes for these players, I realize we have little to no cap room but you can't keep throwing out insulting offers (i assume) and expect people to come here.

Nice!!!

#109 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,351 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

none of us wanted big name FA's we knew that wasn't possible but we do want solid guys that are still out there, we've visited with like 6 players and only one has signed, and that player is questionable on whether he will be solid or not.

#110 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,992 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

The Gettleman Lovers won't be too happy when he low-balls Cam. That'll end well.

#111 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

47456595.jpg

#112 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,051 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

How many FAs left here last year without a contract only to sign later when the offers didn't flow in?  Same thing will happen this year.  That doesn't mean the offers were insulting simply they weren't over the top.  Guys have to weigh their options and see what else they can get before deciding if they want to be here.

#113 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

The Gettleman Lovers won't be too happy when he low-balls Cam. That'll end well.

cam, luke, hardy contracts are the reason he is doing this

#114 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

anyone ever heard of shopping around?  I've done that once or twice in my days.

#115 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,721 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

Going to be in Charlotte tonight visiting with Panthers.

#116 philit99

philit99

• ALL-PRO
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

Going to be in Charlotte tonight visiting with Panthers.

So you say there is a chance?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com