Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric Davis comments on Panther wr issue

40 posts in this topic

Posted

We're building our passing game around who? Lol yeah right

Posted

So ... double team Olsen.

Sort of like when teams double Jimmy Graham or Gronk. You know, forcing the QB to throw to trustworthy WRs.

Good call, Davis.

1 person likes this

Posted

We added Olsen on day 1 of training camp in '11!  See June first cuts and Draft cuts are still to come! Chill People! I am sick of People like Chris Mcclain A.K.A "Mac Attack" Taking to the airwaves and spewing needless BS! The Hosts on WFNZ are clueless fans with a mic! They are actually less informed than us huddlers! So feel good about that in this quiet time!

Frank Garcia (former Panthers center) on WFNZ , is the one that really ticks me off because he throws out  verbage,in his all knowing style, that is way out in left field concerning the Panthers.

Today  on "Feel Like Busting Loose",Garcia contended the Panthers could and should, find the money (restructure,etc) to jump into the free agent market and start signing players. What the big dummy doesn't realize is restructing contracts only moves money  to a later date,a problem the Panthers are already  dealing. with.

Garcia and a couple of other WFNZ Boozos fail to realize or conviently forget, we have to get our cap manageable to sign Cam,Luke and several more young core players shortly.

There is no way we need to go on the present overpriced free agent market and start spending money we can't afford and throw caution to the wind.

I totally agree with the points but at the same time I think this is the stuff that moves the needle for radio sports talk show, especially local ones, so it helps to fuel the fires a bit. Granted we have March madness but NFL is the 500 lb gorilla. The Panther's offseason has been extremely newsworthy and controversial. These guys and the stations would be fools not to slurp this up. No matter what, I take what these guys say with a huge tablespoon (not grain) of salt.

Posted

We're centering our passing attack on our TE...when he will be the guy who gets doubled next season due to lack of quality WRs on the outside that command the respect and draw that double team.

We in trouble, y'all.

Posted

Coming into this thread I was expecting to think "Fug Eric Davis." Instead, I'm thinking "Eric Davis, you, I like you."

Posted

We still need CBs right? sign Davis!

Posted

Frank Garcia (former Panthers center) on WFNZ , is the one that really ticks me off because he throws out  verbage,in his all knowing style, that is way out in left field concerning the Panthers.

Today  on "Feel Like Busting Loose",Garcia contended the Panthers could and should, find the money (restructure,etc) to jump into the free agent market and start signing players. What the big dummy doesn't realize is restructing contracts only moves money  to a later date,a problem the Panthers are already  dealing. with.

Garcia and a couple of other WFNZ Boozos fail to realize or conviently forget, we have to get our cap manageable to sign Cam,Luke and several more young core players shortly.

There is no way we need to go on the present overpriced free agent market and start spending money we can't afford and throw caution to the wind.

I listened to him ........I think what he is saying is the talent pool especially for LT and WR is drying up. Question become what product do the Panthers want to put on the field. 

I agree that we are going to take some lumps with our cap  but do you want to field a division winner or a .500 season and lose what little momentum we had on offense. LTs and Wrs do not grow on trees as many here think.

Posted

Bad comparison perhaps or perhaps not but Seattle had two undrafted wide receivers and a hurt Sidney rice and a always hurt Percy Harvin( who missed all the season) and stil won a Super Bowl against a team that possess the best wide receiver group in the league in the broncos, having big name talented guys helps obviously but if we roll with a draftee, king, mcnutt and one vet then so be it I don't think it will be as bad as some are saying and I'm not going to commit suicide or overreact like some fans.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bad comparison perhaps or perhaps not but Seattle had two undrafted wide receivers and a hurt Sidney rice and a always hurt Percy Harvin( who missed all the season) and stil won a Super Bowl against a team that possess the best wide receiver group in the league in the broncos, having big name talented guys helps obviously but if we roll with a draftee, king, mcnutt and one vet then so be it I don't think it will be as bad as some are saying and I'm not going to commit suicide or overreact like some fans.

If we could run the ball like Seattle I would agree

Posted

The fans aren't the only ones with some concerns. Even the players went out on twitter. If they don't know squat, likely gettleman have no idea either. Don't act like he has some genius plan even the players don't know about it. Just temporary comfort for the lazy mind to think we actually have a plan for this year. Any GM could play the waiting game until a great player fall on their lap as if it was their plan all along. Let me guess, go 8-8 this year and pick up a superstar in the draft and make a complete turn around next year. Shoot, even I could've come up with that.

Posted

I think out of necessity that is what we will end up as.  Luke, Cam, and Kraken  (actual core players) need to be signed/extended in the near future which prevents constant borrowing from future years, and camp cuts and the draft will allow gettleman some needed affordable talent.

If the GMAN had money I think we would have signed a few of those FAs.  He is'nt going to pay out precious $ for multiple year contracts with guys like Ginn.

Besides, after years of bojangles reppin' maybe its time mcdonnalds offers a king mcnutt. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I think out of necessity that is what we will end up as.  Luke, Cam, and Kraken  (actual core players) need to be signed/extended in the near future which prevents constant borrowing from future years, and camp cuts and the draft will allow gettleman some needed affordable talent.

If the GMAN had money I think we would have signed a few of those FAs.  He is'nt going to pay out precious $ for multiple year contracts with guys like Ginn.

Besides, after years of bojangles reppin' maybe its time mcdonnalds offers a king mcnutt. 

Bingo...Well said. At least someone gets the position we are in and what we need to do. :)