Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers interested in DeSean Jackson for the right price...

386 posts in this topic

Posted

Jackson tries to hold out every year for more money...no thanks.

Posted

I said this in another thread...he's due 10 million next year, and we don't have 10 million. How could that possibly work out?

And the Saints signed Byrd, you can always work around the cap. We can cut guys or restructure his deal.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Jackson is also in his prime and he got 5 more good years in him before he loses his speed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its like when we traded Jon Beason... we still have dead money from him on our books becuse we paid him signing bonus upfront.  That does not go away when traded.  Eagles will be responsible for D-Jax signing bonus.

1 person likes this

Posted

If Gettleman pulls off a D-Jax trade that isn't insane, I'll build a shrine to him and worship at it nightly.  Currently, I am debating getting a voodoo hex doll with his name on it, so that should tell you how likely I think it is we acquire DJax.

Posted

i will believe when i see it.

not that i wasnt happy to seea little bit of news on this website.

2 people like this

Posted

Pretty sure that only happens with a renegotiated contract.

Pretty sure it doesn't happen.

Posted

Maybe this has been in the works and its why Steve is gone and we are saving space.

Posted

I will laugh so hard if we end up with Jackson and Cotchery, an upgrade over 2013, after this huge fandom meltdown.

I might actually cry if that happens.  From joy of course.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, his cap hit is 12.5 million next year and his salary is 10 million. So I'm assuming 2.5 mill of that will be on the Eagles, but we still would be on the hook for his salary.

Posted

Uhhh OHHHH...

I have no idea how credible Profootballspot is, but they're reporting D-Jax has already been traded...  A trade has been agreed to in principle, but the team and compensation is unknown...

I hope it is us.

http://profootballspot.com/_/nfl/desean-jackson-trade-done-deal-r2263

Posted

I said this in another thread...he's due 10 million next year, and we don't have 10 million. How could that possibly work out?

we will have $10 million next year, but we will be trying to sign Cam, Hardy and Keek to long term contracts